Chapter 10

3rd Pov. Avia

Avia stood next to Alex as she watch him test his gift.

"You got the middle. Great job." Avia said and shook his shoulders. He chuckled and Avia left from the cellar. She saw Cassidy sitting on a window edge, and she joined him by leaning next to him.

"Hey." She greeted and he gave her a nod.

"Are you excited that you can fly?" She asked, and he nodded.

"You know I can too.  Because of one of my gifts. My tremors. The vibrations are so fast that cause me to rise in the air." She finished and Cassidy looked at her.

"That's awesome." He sigh, and Avia rolled her eyes.

"Go fly. I can tell soemthings bothering you. And I have a feeling that I can't help you. So be like the birds, be free." Avia said, and he gave her a smile. She touched his shoulder and shoved him outside.

He screamed so he could soar into the air, and Avia laughed lightly as he soared away. She giggled to herself, and continued to her room.

She stopped once she heard a thought, that forced its way into her head.

'Only if Avia saw this.'

Avia paused and saw she stopped at Erik's door.

"No. I can't do this. I made a promise and I keep them. Leave." Erik's voice said, and she heard light scrambling.

Suddenly the door opened and Raven appeared with a smirk on her face.

She was in her natural blue form,  with out clothes. She walked past her and Avia just stared forward.

Avia finally came o her sense when she heard her name being called.

"Avia. Please speak to me." Erik begged lightly as Avia backed away.

"Is what I heard true?" She asked, and Erik gave her a look of confusion.

" No. I can't do this. I made a promise and I keep them.' " Avia reiterated and he nodded. She sighed and turned to leave him. He grabbed her forearm, and she stopped.

"Please, believe me." He said, and she nodded.

"Can I-"

"Yeah." Avia answered, and she grabbed her hand. She led him to her room, and stopped at her bed.

Erik closed her door, and she stood next to her bed. Erik tangled their fingers together as he laid on her bed.

She climbed on and pulled his hand across her abdomen. He moved closer, and tightened his grip as he waited for her peaceful quiet snores.

~~~

"Erik!"

Erik stood in front of Shaw, as he punched Erik's chest with his gift force.

Erik flew away and landed on a spike. It stabbed through his chest, and Erik gasped in pain.

"Erik!" Avia screamed, and her tremors shook around her. The earth around her cracked and split.

Shaw chuckled at her movements and gripped the back of her head.

"Your mine. Your power is mine." He said, as Erik died staring at her crying face.

"Erik!"

"Erik!" Avia screamed, as Erik tried to wake her. Her tremors shook the house, as Charles and Alex sprinted to her room.

"Erik! What is happening?" Charles asked and grabbed her face. Alex stood and watched as his heart hurt.

"She's having a nightmare. She went wake up. I think its about me." He said, and Charles glanced at him. He glanced over his features, his disheveled hair, bunched up t-shirt.

"I'll try to wake her." Charles said and touched her temples as he went into her mind.

"Avia! Concentrate on key voice. Please. Listen to me."

Avia opened her eyes slowly, and the tremors stopped. She glanced around, and studied their faces.

She stood up and ran away down the stairs. They ran after her, as she sprinted outside far away from the mansion.

The boys stopped after they had finally found her. Erik ran after her as Charles followed him.

"Erik! Stop!" He yelled as Avia screamed loudly.

A clear force of energy flew from her body, in the form of a tremor. The ground shook around her and it cracked open. Erik flew back from the force, with Charles.

Avia numbly fell to the ground unconscious, and Alex passed them.

"Hey, come on." He said, as he held her tightly. He picked her up bridal style and ran towards Hank's lab.