Chapter 2

3rd Pov.

Avia sat alone in the C.I.A. compound as Charles and Eric spoke to the main director. Avia glanced at a group of young people laughing. She heard their minds racing as they walked past. Except one, who stopped and looked at Avia. She made a face at him, amd stood to follow him, as he walked away.
"Stop." Avia said as she exited the room and saw the boy at the end of the hallway. "I don't want any trouble.", The boy said as he pushed his glasses back on. "Hank, is that your name?" She asked as he gave her a weak nod. '

"Are you afraid of me?" She asked as he shrugged his shoulders and backed away. "I'm not, I just need to find my friends." Avia pushed closer, and asked. "What friends? You like the girl, and the others in time may be your friends." Hank moved forward and asked, "Are you like Charles?" She nodded and pulled her sleeves down farther. "I'm worse and more. But would you like a new friend?" Hank made a face and sighed. "Oh god yes." She smirked and walked up to him, and they walked after the others.

"Where's Avia?" Erik asked as he and Charles exited to meeting room. "I don't know, she never let down her guard. Check if she's with the group." Erik willingly nodded and walked towards the recreational room, but stopped in his tracks.
Avia sat with Hank outside on a bench. They were staring at the sky, as Erik walked out towards them.
"That over there is a Strauss cloud." Hank said as he pointed out the different types of clouds in the sky.
Avia smiled as she learned new things, even at her age.
"Hank, Charles needs you." Erik said as he stayed a pace away and Hank nodded and quietly left.

"I know what you talked about with the director." Avia said as Erik walked to the bench and sat down.
"You both think I'm a danger to everyone. I agree, so tell me why I should still stay?" Avia asked as Erik stared at her.
"Because you need to learn to control your power." Avia stood as she smiled and glanced at him.
"You not that good at pep talks are you?" Erik smiled as Avia walked away from him.
"Mr. Lensherr, I suggest you follow me before there is no point in showing you, I can control my powers." Erik ran after her, til he had stopped and he followed suit.

"Hold on." She said as Erik grabbed her arm, and she transported them inside the compound and to where Charles was.

"Oh my god. That is fascinating ." Charles said as Avia and Erik stood in front of him and the director. Avia face stayed expressionless as Charles stood and walked around them.

"That's a groovy mutation." Charles muttered and Avia smirked. She pulled away from Erik and turned to Charles.

"I expect you all, have work to do. So go, and look." Avia said and walked towards the exit.

"Avia, wait." Charles exclaimed and ran towards her. He stood in front of her and glanced back to Erik.

"Erik told me, you could manipulate his mutation. If I may ask, what is your real mutation?" He quickly said, and Avia's smirk faltered.

"I cause tremors. And I can take a mutant's power and use it as I please, and I can destroy it. Which in turn kills the mutant I took it from." Charles stared down at her and gave her a light sympathetic look.

​​​​​​"Can you demonstrate?" Charles asked and Avia's smirk faltered. Her face became one of panic, and Charles reached for her arms.

"Only if you want to." Charles said giving her a reassured look, and she nodded.

Avia held her hand out and looked at Erik. A silvery orb/light appeared and hovered over her palm. It was bright, and gave the appearance of metal. It made light scraping sounds, and it bent in every direction. Her eyes locked with Erik, as Charles and the Director watched in astonishment.

Avia lifted her other hand and made it hovered over the orb/light. Her fingers, ever so gently stroked the orb/light. Erik reacted as if he got chills, or was being touched sensually by someone.

Avia's second hand's palm lit with a light blue toned light. It was like a shadow, that lightly touched the orb/light. It slowly began to turn a darker blue, as it enveloped the silver orb/light.

​​​​​​The more it covered the orb/light, Erik became into more intense pain. He began groaning as he clutched his chest and grunted as he fell to the floor.

Avia quickly pulled back her hand, and the light faded away from the orb/light.

Erik breathed heavily, as the orb/light became it's bright silvery color. He slowly stood with Charles support, and they watched as the orb/light absorbed into Avia's hand and watched it's light disappear as it moved up her arm and moved into her chest.

Avia gave him an apologetic look, and backed towards the door. She opened it and left quickly towards the 'Rec' room, where she heard Hank's thoughts.