25. Open Cages

Rage

A few days after, I escort Iris back to her old room to help her get her stuff. She wants to stay more with me. Iris, this beautiful, brave girl wants to stay with me. I watch her, still not believing any of this as she walks up the stairs and I am greeted by my brothers in the garage. Bjorn is in and is working on the SUV along with Wood. Both men turn to me as I approach.

"Morning, bror." Bjorn lifts his chin "How is our girl?"

"My girl is fine." I snap.

"Relax, Rage. How is Iris?"

"Healing. She just needs a few stuff."

"Uhm..." Wood looks at me "She is not coming back to her room?"

I come up to him and Wood presses his lips together. He is a sturdy man and I think he will soon be a brother but for now he is trying to avoid my look. Wise fucking choice!

"Why the fuck do you care?" I ask.

"Just asking, man." Wood goes back to his work.

"You claiming her?" Bjorn cuts in "I mean you have declared she is off limits but are you in those limits?"

I scowl. I have no fucking clue what I am doing with Iris. The club has a strict but pretty straight forward policy regarding women. If one is fucking with a brother but isn't claimed, she is free game, a rotter, like Candy is or any of the bitches swarming in for a taste of biker dick. If she is claimed by a brother, that makes her untouchable, a Valkyrie, a man's property. Iris is neither of these things. She is affiliated with the club, works for us but hasn't slept with a brother. I have threatened all my brothers away from her and they obliged simply because they don't want to fucking mess with me. But claiming Iris as my own...

She is nice to me, friendly and compassionate but I doubt she would ever think of me like that. I am the guy that saved her and nothing more. A big brother of sorts. No woman would ever want to be with me. Certainly not a girl like Iris. I know Ava said that Iris is in love with me and for a few seconds I believed her. But I know she just said so to give me an incentive, a reason to hunt wilder and harder. It worked but it is over.

"Fuck off!" is all I can say to Bjorn and I go up the stairs.

Iris is standing outside the door, her arms wrapping her body as if she is trying to comfort herself. The door is broken open and the bed behind it is in a bizarre angle with the rope Iris used thrown on it. She is trembling and I am sure the memories are back to haunt her. I come closer to let her know she is safe.

"NO!" she screams.

She turns her back against a wall and has a scared look on her face. She is mortified, afraid of me. Her grey eyes are wide and her whole face a mask of terror.