31. Late Lullabies

Rage

I am lost in a haze as Iris wraps around me and I have no idea if it's night or day around us. Her hands move and trails up my arms, on my chest before twining around my neck. I pull more as if I can make her one to me, make her disperse the darkness in me. Nothing can ever compare to Iris's against me, her lips on mine, her soft tongue stroking me. I need food no more, she is all the nourishment I need. When one hand falls from my neck and lands gently on my abs, I tighten. All of me. Including the fucking erection I am shamelessly rubbing against her.

And then the door of the bar opens and I turn my head to protect Iris from anything coming onto us. Stig walks out, joint in his hand, and lifts his chin to me. I do the same, gripping Iris even more. Stig shifts his look between me and Iris toying with his lip ring before lighting his joint. I don't like his examining look, as if he expects me to do something bad to Iris. I clench my jaw and warn him off with one look. Stig takes the hint and goes back in.

"Maybe..." Iris says softly, "we should go to your room."

I look down to her and her cheeks are flushed. I raise my finger and I caress her red cheek.

"Why?"

"I told you," her cheeks redden even more, "I like this," she touches my lips.

Without thinking I kiss her fingers.

"No, no," Iris withdraws them. "I am...I need to get clean."

"Let's go," I drag her after me in the bar.

Most of my brothers turn to me but only Runner comes up and searches my face. I know why that is. When we came back with Iris, I went straight to my room. I have kissed her and then I acted as if it was rotten. But it wasn't. I am rotten. And seriously crazy for ever thinking I could let her go. I won't be able to let her go. Ever. She is mine. Iris is mine. But I can't keep her, either. And that got me going to a dark place inside.

"Bror, are you OK?" Runner shifts his look between me and Iris. "You got me a little worried there."

"I'm good, brother."

"Hey, precious," Runner turns his attention to my girl and I stiffen.

"Hello, Runner," Iris smiles and pulls closer to me.

"Are you good?"

"Got a problem, brother?" I hiss in his face.

"Just making sure we are all cool here," Runner turns his deep eyes in mine.

Runner feels I am his responsibility. He brought me in, he has seen me through my lowest of lows, back when I was a beast with nothing human in me. He came closer, he tore my walls down and poured the little humanity I have in me. I owe him my whole life, all that I am.

"I am fine, Runner," Iris squeezes her fingers around my hand. "By the way, I haven't seen your bike across the street."

"You taking care of that?" Runner smirks.