03

"and that's how i ended up with this kitten!" jooeun ended her story.

"so what you're saying is you just randomly decided to become kitten parents with some kid you met in some shady alleyway." youngmin said, raising his eyebrows.

"when you put it that way, it sounds weird!" she said, still stroking the kitten in her hands.

"that's because it is weird, joo! what are you going to tell mum and dad?" he asked, eyeing the kitten.

"i'll tell them exactly what i told you."

youngmin considered this, chewing his lip slowly. then, he shrugged.

"well, whatever you see fit. what's his name?" youngmin got up from where he was sitting and went over to sit next to his sister.

"um, its.. donghyunnie." she said, feeling slightly awkward having to say his name out loud.

"donghyunnie? huh.."

"what?" jooeun looked at her brother who looked deep in thought.

"nothing. and since you were so useless at getting snacks, i'm gonna go myself." youngmin got up, petting donghyunnie as he stood up and waving at jooeun slightly.

"get me something!" she called after him.

"in your dreams!" he called back, closing the door behind him.

when jooeun was left alone, she looked down at donghyunnie. she smiled and pulled out her phone. she scrolled through her contacts until she found donghyun's name proceeding to send him a quick text.

jooeun: hi how are my children

almost immediately her phone beeped with a reply.

donghyun: are we a broken family?

donghyun: because i want to get back together

donghyun: i cant handle the kids on my own

jooeun: um

donghyun: but for real, they're fine

donghyun: how's my mini me?

jooeun: cute

jooeun: unlike his dad

donghyun: i am offended

jooeun: you should be

donghyun: psh, you're lucky we have kids together

donghyun: or i would cut ties with you

jooeun: appreciate me please

donghyun: i do

donghyun: and hey, we should meet up sometime

donghyun: for the kids

jooeun: sure yeah

jooeun: that would be nice

donghyun: cool

donghyun: well, our child beckons

donghyun: see you soon ;)

jooeun smiled and turned off her phone, placing it on the living room table.

"your dad is cute, isn't he?" she whispered to donghyunnie who has curled up asleep on her lap.

///

i cant even believe i have so much inspiration to write this i love donghyun so much,, also im working on a jung sewoon book so look out for that soon