04

somehow, jooeun got lucky and her parents let her keep donghyunnie. they were slightly concerned about the name she had chosen for it but they didn't dwell on it. they had even made youngmin go out and buy a cat bed for donghyunnie, much to his distaste.

"it serves him right for not getting me snacks this afternoon." jooeun said to her parents after youngmin left the house, grumbling that jooeun should do it herself.

"technically, aren't you the one who didn't get him his snacks?" her dad said.

"that's.. not important now." she said, busying herself with her phone.

both her parents laughed as they turned their attention back to the television. jooeun stood up and was about to go upstairs when her phone rang, the shrill sound cutting the peaceful atmosphere.

she looked apologetically at her parents who had both turned to look at her and ran up the stairs, sliding the answer button without looking at the caller id as she went. 

she expected to hear youngmin calling to ask something stupid like what colour bed to buy for the cat. but what she got was something entirely different.

"hey, it's donghyun."

"i was kind of expecting my brother to call, but this is way better. i mean, hey!" she jooeun said, cringing in embarrassment.

"i need some advice about our kids, what colour bed should i get?" he asked, sounding completely serious.

jooeun couldn't control her laughter as she was just thinking that it was a stupid question.

"are you at the shop now? my brother just left to go buy a bed too!" she said.

"oh! they have black! i'm getting the black bed, any objections?"  donghyun sounded as if he had freaked out about the availability of the black bed.

"of course not, choose what you want!" she said, giggling slightly.

"i'd better buy it, i'll update you on our kids soon. bye!" donghyun said brightly, hanging up the phone right after.

".. goodbye." jooeun said to herself, still feeling bubbly after the phone call.

"it must have been my lucky day."

///

donghyun's eye contact fight is the most beautiful thing in existence i watch it 20 times a day