07

the next morning, jooeun had gotten ready and was about to head to college for classes. she was almost to the door when she heard youngmin running down the stairs. his red hair was looking disheveled as he had probably just woken up.

she whirled around and gave her brother a questioning look.

"where are you going?" he demanded, his eyes going to the backpack that she was carrying.

"i'm going to class? where else would i be going at 8 in the morning?"

"oh right. um i dont know, go go." youngmin ruffled his own hair before turning around back to the staircase.

"wait, why did you just ask that?" jooeun narrowed her eyes at youngmin, who hummed to himself softly before turning around and giving her a brief but awkward smile.

"no, i just thought that you might be meeting donghyun."

"and that's a problem?" she asked, trying to uncover what youngmin was trying to say.

"well.."

"you don't like me being friends with donghyun?" jooeun frowned at youngmin who was struggling to get his words out.

"friends, not a problem. but it's so obvious that you guys like each other. you just met 2 days ago!" youngmin tried to explain himself and his motives. 

"it's not like anything's gonna happen. geez, bro. whatever, i'm going now." she turned around and opened the door.

"i'm sorry, it's just that you're my sister and i.. i don't want you to get hurt." youngmin said softly.

jooeun stopped in her tracks, still not turning around.

"he's your friend though. would it be that bad?" she said, this time slowly turning around to face him.

"um, actually it wouldn't. donghyun's a great guy. and dont tell them i told you but daehwi and woojin are already hardcore shipping you two together. they're going to do everything in their power to be donghyun's wingman. just to let you know." youngmin said, a chuckled escaping his lips.

"pfft- do you want me to stay away from them too?" jooeun laughed slightly and looked back at her brother.

"no, um. i just want to say.. if donghyun asks me anything.. about you, i'll say okay." youngmin said, opening his arms to her as a peace offering.

"thank you, bro." jooeun wrapped her arms around youngmin and squeezed him tightly.

"you better get going." youngmin let go of her and smiled.

"yes, take care of donghyunnie for me. see you later and please, if you have people coming over, tell me first!" jooeun said bitterly before giving him a wave and leaving the house.

///

would this qualify as conflict?? idk bc youngmin got over it too fast its 1230am and im sleepy and cant write im sorry