13

the day of the boys performance at daehwi and woojin's school had come.

jooeun was sitting behind youngmin on his motorcycle as they went to the school. she could hardly contain her excitement to see the boy who had promised her his 'cool side'.

when they got to the school, immediately she saw woojin standing outside looking slightly distressed.

"hyung!" he yelled when he caught sight of youngmin.

"what's wrong?" youngmin stopped the bike and took of his helmet and ran a hand thought his red hair.

"hyung, im nervous!" woojin said, trembling slightly.

"i am too but don't worry, we've practiced so much. we'll be great up there, don't doubt yourself." youngmin wrapped an arm around woojin's shoulder and they started walking into the building, letting jooeun follow after them.

"oh, and noona? donghyun said that he can't wait to see you." woojin turned around and grinned at jooeun slyly.

"aren't you nervous? you recovered from that real quick." jooeun teased but she was dying to see donghyun too.

---

she followed the boys into a classroom that had been turned into a dressing room. and there she saw him in a denim jacket, sitting and looking at himself in the mirror.

"hey there, pretty boy." she said, coming up behind him and smiling at him through the mirror.

"hello to the prettiest girl." donghyun turned around and grinned back at her.

"your mini me really wanted to be here to see his dad-"

"it's good that you didn't bring him, you have me all to yourself." donghyun said, cutting her off.

"i thought you only say things like that through texts." jooeun said, half cringing - half loving it.

"go donghyun hyung!" they heard a shout from across the room.

jooeun and donghyun turned to see daehwi cheering for donghyun, while woojin stood close to him and grinned.

"those two have been bugging you?" jooeun said, somehow amused by what had just happened.

"yeah, but for you, it's worth it."

"kim donghyun, can you not." jooeun said, feeling a blush creep onto her face.

---

a while later, it was five minutes to showtime and the other three boys minus donghyun were doing last minute practices.

jooeun managed to find donghyun sitting on a large speaker back stage looking scared.

"hey, are you okay?"

"im great." donghyun answered.

"donghyun, you'll do great, i know you will." she hopped up onto the speaker next to him and took a hold of his hand, squeezing it gently.

"thank you, joo." donghyun leaned slightly onto her.

"i'll be right here waiting for you." jooeun said, loving the feeling of the warmth he gave her.

"you know what i just thought of? if i had the bravery to tell you i like you, i should have the bravery to do anything." donghyun said, smiling to himself.

"you're so cute, kim donghyun."

"30 seconds!" came a shout from somewhere near the stage.

"you should go. good luck out there, pretty boy." jooeun gave his hand one last squeeze before letting it go and watching he join the other and walk onto the stage.

jooeun rushed to the side of the stage where should could watch their performance thought the curtain.

it was the song that daehwi was too preoccupied to play for them the other day. and it was good.

at some point during the song, donghyun turned to the side and caught her eye, winking at her as he did so.

it was safe to say that his nervousness had gone away.

///

okay so donghyun's v live was highkey the best thing. breathe if you agree. seeing his so happy and laughing was just such a moodbooster & that new self composed song!!! such a talented king!