ONE

pilot

pilot

-----

Skidding into her parking spot, Carly threw the car in park and gathered her bag from the passenger side. She quickly checked her makeup in the rearview mirror and opened the car door.

The crowd walking into Whitey Durham Field House was enormous. Carly smiled to herself, thinking about it was just a league game for the Ravens team but the gym was still packed full of people eager to see the team win. Rushing inside, she managed to greet a few people before walking onto the court.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, my mom asked me to help her reorganize her closet." Carly muttered. Peyton laughed at the comment, stretching out her legs. Carly plopped down beside her and began to stretch as well.

"The amount of clothes your mom has is insane." Peyton laughed.

"Tell me about it I mean the woman must have 95 handbags." Carly moaned. She stood up and walked over to where a few of the other cheerleaders were standing.

"No Brooke tonight?" Carly overheard a few girls talking to one another.

"Nah, said she had something to do. Must have been important though, that girl never misses a game." Carly rolled her eyes at the girls who continued to gossip about her good friend, who also happened to be their team captain.

She then turned her attention over to the court where Nathan and the rest of the team were warming up. He turned his attention to her, dropping his right eye in a wink. He shot another 3 pointer. His dad called out instructions to him from the sidelines. She gave Nathan another smile before taking in the gym. The crowd was full of adoring fans and high school kids. The gym gave Carly a euphoric feeling every time she stepped into it.

The buzzer sounded signaling that warm ups had ended. The rest of the cheerleaders grabbed their pom-poms and walked to the edge of the court. Carly took her place next to Peyton, a spot where Brooke would normally stand and cheer. The tip-off commenced shortly after and the game began.

--

The Ravens were heating up with a lead of 9. Nathan had scored most of the teams points, continuing his pursuit of the scoring title that was currently held by his father, Dan Scott. Carly didn't really know the man but the talk of the town was he was basically the anti-Christ.

Nathan only confirmed the rumors. He constantly came over to Carly's house and venting to her about his abusive father. Carly could only listen, for she didn't have parents like Dan. Her father was gone on business 9 months out of the year and her mother was never home on the weekends because she was out spending his fortune.

Nathan returned to the base line to inbound the ball. Peyton left Carly's side and approached him; a smirk was plastered on her face.

"Don't bother showering tonight." She uttered. Nathan grinned at the words and continued to play the game. Carly couldn't help but roll her eyes at the comment. She knew they didn't really care about each other. They were just together for the sex, but frankly it hurt like hell that Peyton could be with Nathan whenever she pleased. Carly wanted to be the one to be with Nathan; instead she was his "friend."