ELEVEN

life in a glass house

---

Carly sipped her coffee lightly the next morning. Her hair was put up in attempt to hide the gigantic bump that had formed over night. She caught up with Brooke and Peyton in the courtyard, where Brooke was reliving the last nights events.

"All I remember is me, you guys, and tutor girl in my car, and then Lucas and Nathan, and then you said something about being into Lucas, but it could have been Nathan, and I need to know." Brooke cautioned lightly. Carly rolled her eyes at the girl's attempt to socialize.

"Need?" Peyton tried to reason in a teasing tone.

"I need to see if I have to fight for Lucas from you, Nate's obviously off the table. Thanks for that Carly. Also, your courtesy hold on Lucas has expired. Game, on." Brooke finished. The three approached Lucas' table where he sat reading the new book Carly had loaned him, The Great Gatsby.

"Hey, broody." Carly grinned. Lucas locked eyes with her and smiled, "Hey, cheery. Peyton. Brooke." He gestured for Peyton to sit down. Carly turned to leave, pulling Brooke along with her.

"So, I'll see you at practice?" Brooke asked, directing her attention towards Lucas once more.

"As always." Peyton answered, quickly taking a seat across from Lucas. Brooke nodded, "Yeah, you too." The pair quickly walked away from their broody friends.

"So, Carls. Have you and Nathan sealed the deal yet?" Brooke teased. A brush crept over Carly's cheeks. She groaned and looked for a way out of their conversation, frowning when she found none.

"No. We have not. You know how I am when it comes to that stuff. I want to wait, see if its real first." Carly sighed. Brooke groaned, "Carly! We need to get you some action. You need to loosen up and stop being so serious all the time."

Carly rolled her eyes, letting out a small laugh. "Why should I have to have sex when you do plenty of that to make up for the two of us." She reasoned, sipping her coffee slyly and dodging the incoming slap from Brooke.

"So, are you going tomorrow?" Brooke asked. Carly assumed it was about the banquet party thing Dan always hosted.

"Yes, I am. Nathan said he wanted me to go and I'm always there for the free food and the drama. Maybe you can seduce Lucas there, if you get Peyton out of the way first." Carly commented. Her eyes locked with Nathan who stood across the courtyard, giving her a sly wink.

She blushed and turned back to Brooke, who seemed to be formulating a plan in her head. She left Brooke to the silence before walking back to the hallway. A hand found her wrist, pulling her into an empty classroom. Carly sighed in relief when she found that Nathan had been the one to pull her.

"Hey, beautiful. Excited for the party tomorrow?" Nathan grinned down at her, taking her hands into his own. She smiled up at him. "Of course, I already have my outfit picked out. I think you'll like it."