THANKSGIVING SPECIAL

friendsgiving // sometime after season 9

note: hey you guys! i just wanted to give you guys a little special treat before i release any more chapters! i hope you guys enjoy :) -h

---

"Babe? Where did you put my slacks?" Nathan yelled from across the house, voice muffled through the walls. Carly giggled as she rinsed the potatoes from their boiling hot water. For a moment, she pondered where she had placed the slacks, but she suddenly remembered that she had literally laid them out on their bed. "They're on our bed, honey!"

She placed the potatoes back in the pan and went to the fridge to pull out more ingredients. "Hey Jamie? Can you come here for a second, sweetheart?" She heard her son, James, rise from the couch after pausing his video game. "Yeah, mom? What's up?" He leaned against the counter, resting his hip near the tabletop. Gosh, he grew a little more everyday, it certainly didn't feel twelve years older but yet here they were. Carly snapped out of her trip down memory lane when Jamie repeated her name, waving a hand across her face, "Mom, what do you need?"

"I need help getting something from the spice cupboard and if your dad catches me anywhere near the stepping stool again I think he might kill me." Jamie's eyes widened at the request but soon began laughing as he recalled the last time his mom did anything potentially harmful while she was pregnant. Carly quickly joined in and the two shared a laugh together, as soon as Carly reached for the stepping stool to give to her twelve year old son, she heard Nathan call from down the hallway, "Carls, you're nine months pregnant, give it a rest!" A smile grew on Carly's face as she rolled her eyes, giving the stool to Jamie.

"Remember that one time me and Jamie both survived being hit by a car? I think I would be fine getting some spice out of the cupboard." Carly smirked as Jamie handed her the spice she needed, placing a hand on her protruding stomach. She walked back towards the stove and began to mash the potatoes.

"I remember that quite vividly actually, mostly because it was completely my fault." Nathan's voice sounded from behind her. She turned around to find him standing over her. The space between them was caused only by Carly's swollen stomach, where Nathan placed his hand over her own. "How's my little one and beautiful wife doing on this fine Thanksgiving?" Nathan pressed a chaste, short kiss to her lips. She grinned at him before becoming serious.

"I'm so hungry. This kid you put in me is going to be huge and I'm not happy about it." She turned back to her cooking project before asking where their daughter was. Nathan called for her, "Val! Auntie Brooke's gonna be here soon,  come down here and say hello! You too, Jimmy Jam! Turn off the video game and come help your sister set the tables." Nathan grinned as he heard the groan of his son from the living room and the inevitable squeal of his daughter as she rushed down the stairs.