FOUR

are you true? // pt

are you true? // pt.2

---

Later on at cheer, Carly observed the boys warming up. She waited for Brooke to give instructions and eyed Nathan talking with his friends in a carefree manner. She wanted to go over and join him but she knew Whitey would be furious with the both of them.

"Nathan!" Whitey called. He earned the attention of Carly and half the cheer squad as well.

Carly was always nosey when it came to Nathan and basketball. It brought a lot of joy to his life but at times it also brought a lot grief and pressure. Carly always wanted to be involved just in case he needed her. Most times he did.

Brooke had decided to start practice right as Nathan and Whitey began talking. Carly reminded herself to ask him about it later. Brooke introduced a new routine for the upcoming game and they got to work.

After they had wrapped up practice, Carly was packing up her stuff and throwing her jacket on. She had anticipated it being cold outside. She walked towards the exit and out to her car. She went to pull out her keys when a hand wrapped around her arm tightly and jerked her to the side. She opened her mouth to scream but a hand was placed over it before she could do so.

Carly was freaking out to say the least, or she was until she realized it was Nathan who had grabbed her. She struggled against him until finally they approached his car. He opened the passenger door for her. Carly looked at him with a glare before huffing and climbing in, tossing her bag in the backseat.

"Are you kidding me? What is your problem? Are you going to tell me why you basically kidnapped me?" Carly shouted into the silence of the car. Nathan stared at the steering wheel in pure anger.

"Nate, I don't have time for this so please tell me what's bothering you." Carly said gently in hopes to get him to speak.

"Whitey gave my spot to Lucas. He's treating him like he's the greatest thing that's happened to this team when I am. I built this team from the ground up. That's what's bothering me Carly. That's my problem." Nathan glowered.

Carly sucked in a short breath. She had never seen Nathan this angry. It terrified her to say the least. Nathan himself didn't exactly terrify her but the fact that she didn't know how to handle this situation did. The pair sat in silence until Carly spoke lightly.

"Drive." Nathan did as he was told and started his car. They drove out of the parking lot passing a pissed off Tim on the way. They drove for hours until Nathan had finally calmed down.

Practice had ended at 7 but it as now 11:30. They pulled over on the sidewalk parallel to Carly's house. Carly went to hop out of the car when Nathan grabbed her hand.

"Thank you. I mean it Carls, you mean the world to me and I'm sorry I'm such an ass to you sometimes and I'm sorry that I repeatedly hurt your feelings time after time. I know I don't deserve you but I'm glad to have you around." Nathan said to her, a small smile on his face. His eyes were burning with sincerity. Carly gave him a smile in return.