Dinner

Julia's lessons have become more

Julia's lessons have become more...intense since the revelation of the elite. Right now I'm sitting with the other seven girls listening to Julia talk about the history of Illea.

"So before the great war that spilt up the world into what we now recognise, Illea was known as America. After the war the country was completely in ruins so our founder George Illea decided to start a new country with a new royal family", making as much notes as possible I don't give my hand a break until the three hour class is up. While the rest of the girls are glad to be out of the room I continue my work, wanting finish the last page in my book ('The History Of Illea'). Hearing the giggles dissapear I finally finish the last sentence and start collecting my multiple books, notepads and pens.

"How about we have dinner together" I hear Caydens voice from across the room. Finally balancing all my books I turn around to face him. Standing in a pair of black trousers and a neat white dress shirt he awaits my answer.

"That sounds nice" I agree starting to push myself with one hand.

"Emily stop" he orders rushing over to help me. "You're going to hurt yourself one of these days".

"Cayden I can push myself" I argue.

"I have no doubt you can, but not with those books" he says knowing he will win this argument. Huffing in annoyance I open my book again and start reading as he pushes me. "You are aware class is over right" he looks at me incredulously.

"Shh. I'm trying to concentrate" I say in a harsh tone. Cayden walks in silence as he menuvours me through the corridors until he pulls us to a stop.

"Emily your so cute when your mad" he comments from in front of me making me look up to him with a pout. Leaning in he quickly pecks my nose before moving my books and picking me up.

"Cayden my books" I wine like a toddler.

"Someone will put them back in your room" he vaguely answers and I know it's true.

"Where are you taking me?" I wonder out loud, looking up at him and brushing a strand of his hair out of his eyes.

"To have dinner" he answers. Continuing up the stairs towards the third floor, I watch in interest as I have never been into this part of the castle before. "This floor is for the royal family" he answers my unasked question. As we make our way along the red carpet I see numerous portraits of the royal family along the white walls. Some show the whole family while others capture a scene. Hearing a door open I gasp when I take in the enormous room. Each wall is covered in wooden bookcases from floor to the ceiling, with the farthest wall consisting of glass windows that lead out to a balcony. This room must hold thousands of books, and I can't wait to get my hands on them. "Do you like it?" Cayden asks taking in my reaction.

"I love it" I exclaim still taking in the extravagant interior of red velvet couches and wooden fireplaces.

"I'm happy. This was my favourite place when I was little" he says walking over to one of the couches and sitting down with me on his lap.

"I can see why" I agree taking in the whole place. Reaching forward he grabs a plate and hands it to me along with a fork. I mutter a thanks and take in a forkful as Cayden just watches me. Getting another forkful I offer it to Cayden and end up feeding the both of us as we continue to talk.

"How did lunch go with Lewis?" He asks out of the blue, making me stiffen.

"Umm... fine" I try my best to lie although I know it's less than convincing.

"Did something happen?" the usual concern is back in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter" I try to brush it off but I can tell Cayden will not let this go. Gaining a stern look from him I huff in defeat, so much for keeping it a secret well done Emily. "He thought it was a date" I state looking anywhere but at Cayden.

"And?" he prompts. Taking a deep breath I reply.

"And then he tried to touch me" I mumble out.

"What?!" Cayden seethes.

"He put his hand up my skirt" I explain looking down at my lap. "And tried to kiss me".

"Is that why you haven't been wearing short dresses lately?" He asks connecting he dots.

"I thought you wouldn't notice" I admit. All of a sudden I'm moved off of his lap and I watch Cayden take determined strides towards the door. "No Cayden please just calm down" I beg, taking my own steps towards him and feeling a numb pain.

"I need to make sure it doesn't happen ever again" he grunts out. "And you need to sit back down" he orders.

"No" I defy. "Not until you promise me your not going to mention this to anyone" I argue. Seeing I'm not going to back down he runs a hadn't over his face as he slightly slumps.

"Ok" he agrees and quickly adds "but I'm not going to let you be alone with him again" Cayden says with all seriousness.

"Trust me I don't want to be" I mumble back. Turning around I take a few steps towards the coach but start to fall as my leg gives out from underneath me. Before I can completely fall Cayden holds onto my waist, allowing me to regain my footing. "Thanks" I laugh. He gives me a quick 'I told you so' look before picking me up and placing me back on his lap, like we were before. "Well at least I've improved", we laugh.

"It seems like I'll have to always be by your side just incase you fall" he add with a smile.

"I'd like that", I quickly peck him on the lips before going back to the food.