Girl Time

Today I decided that I need to try and actually interact with the rest of the elite considering I've hardly held a conversation with any of the girls since the announcement of the elite. I think I was just so caught up in my problems with Cayden, trying to make Maddie feel at home here and attending Julia's lessons. Maddie is currently taking her lessons in the library and all the girls have been given the day off. I want to make friends. I've had friends but they were always my sister or the children at home. It would be nice to talk to girls my age, experiencing this unique experience. With this in mind, I walk into the women's room. The few girls that are left, look towards me with surprise. I can't really blame them, I never spend any free time here. That's going to change. I walk straight toward the group circle of chairs, next to the windows. 

"Hello", I smile. 

"Hi Emily" Amber jumps up to give me a welcome hug. Instantly my hesitance is gone. 

"We haven't seen you in ages" Elise comments bringing over another chair for me to join. 

"She's been busy with the prince" Grace adds, giving me a sideways look. 

"Oh, we were just talking about the prince" Annabel giggles. "Alice just told us about her date in the gardens". I'd seen this girl, her red hair is quite striking against her pale skin. 

"It was perfectly romantic, in fact I'm sure we'll be going on another date very soon" Alice smiles at everyone. 

"I haven't been on a date in ages" a girl with curly dark locks down to her waist sighs. 

"That's Lilly" Grace whispers. "she won't be here much longer. She's rather a bore". Looking at the girl my heart goes out to her. I see the moisture in her eyes and I know how she feels. The constant questioning your relationship while hearing the love stories of the other girl, it's not easy. 

"I'm sure you'll be next on a date don't worry" Amber comforts Lilly. 

"The country hates me" Lilly sighs" they think I'm boring".

"They're not wrong" Alice mumbles rolling her eyes. 

"Why would you think the country hates you?" I question. The girls look at me as if I have two heads. 

"The magazine article, the one we did the photoshoot for" Eva explains slowly as if I'm a child. Alice laughs from besides her. 

"Oh, I haven't seen it" I answer. 

"Well you should everyone loves you" Elise exclaims, jumping up form her seat and walking to one of the tables. She rushes back and hands me a magazine. Looking at the cover my face heats up. 

"You look like a tomato" Marie comments. I'd seen marie with Alice, Eva and grace. I'm guessing they're all close friends.

"How do you make everyone you meet like you" Lilly asks. 

"Umm.." I feel over whelmed as I look at the perfect couple in a loving embrace. I don't even remember the photographer taking this picture. Cayden's arms are tightly wrapped around my waist, as he kisses my forehead. Our eyes are closed and we look so peaceful. 'The next queen' is printed in big bold letters at the top. 

"You just have to stop being a prude Lilly, try wearing some more mature dresses" Alice sneers. 

"My mum always said the way to a mans heart is through his stomach" Holly suggest. I'd met Holly the first week at the palace, we'd bumped into each other one night when I couldn't sleep, she seemed nice although maybe a bit too energetic at times. She always tries to get all the girls to start an exercising group, I mean who willingly wakes up at four in the morning to exercise. Not me. "I have a great recipe for apple crumble I've been dying to make". 

"No no no. Absolutely not. No dresses, no food will win you the princes heart. You should 'accidentally' bump into him, then bam instant love" Ruby jokes and we all laugh. It feels good to have some 'girl time'.

"Enough about the prince and his multiple relationships. Who wants to go swimming?" Elise suggests.

The rest of the day is spent lounging by the pool, it relaxing and makes us all momentarily forget about the girl next to us being a competitor. In those moment we were just a group of girls having fun. 

"We'll I guess it's time to get ready for dinner" Amber announces to the group. 

"I wish we could just stay here" Lilly sighs.

"Preach" Ruby shouts from her floaty. A second later Annabel pops up from underneath the float, making Ruby come crashing down into the water. "Well I guess I don't need a shower now" she jokes spitting out pool water. 

"Always trying to help" Annabel laughs. 

"Seriously you girls should start getting ready because I'm going to look smoking tonight and you're all going to need all the time you have to get ready tonight" Alice says over her shoulder as she walks back into the palace, giving up all a playful wink. Wow Alice being nice?

"We'll I'm going to I have to check up on Maddie before getting ready" I explain gathering my towel and put on my sundress over my bikini. "We should do this more often" I add looking at the girls splashing in the pool. 

"Definitely" Elise agrees. 

Making my way back into the palace I make my way to the library on the third floor, where Maddie was having her lessons. As I'm about to ascend the stairs I'm swept off my feet and engulfed by strong arms. 

"I've missed  you" I look up to Cayden and see him smiling down at me.

"And I've missed you more" he replies, carrying me bridal style up the stair case. "Why are you going up this way, wouldn't it be easier going up the west staircase" he questions.

"I'm going to take Maddie to get ready for dinner" I explain. 

"I already did that about a half hour ago" Cayden smiles. "Now let's get you ready for dinner".

"Why are you carrying me?" I giggle as he spins us around at the top of the staircase. 

"The more important question is why aren't you wearing shoes my queen?" he questions making me blush.

"I must have forgotten them at the pool" I explain resting my head on his shoulder. 

"Who were you at the pool with, I hope you weren't alone".

"Of course not all of the girls decided to spend the day at the pool as Julia gave us the day off" I explain.

"I'm happy to see you getting on with the other girls".

"Me too".