wedding planning

Alice had been told a few days ago about Cayden and I's engagement. She took it surprisingly well. She had burst into my room and tackled me to my bed, it was the first time I'd seen her smile so big. That's how the girls had convinced me to sit in the garden and look through the wedding magazines the queen had gifted me. 

"Oh but these flowers are beautiful" Elise gushes shoving a picture of some lilies into my face. 

"Absolutely not, lilies are not the right flower for a royal wedding" Alice protests. "How about roses? You could have red or white or pink" Alice shows me a picture of a bouquet of roses. "You could choose them from the palace gardens" she finishes pointing at the rose bushes. 

"How about sunflowers" Elise adds.

"Sunflowers? now the girls has gone crazy" Alice laughs.

"Can't you guys just organise this all by yourselves and I can just turn up on the day" I half joke. 

"It your wedding. The wedding of the century" Alice almost shouts. 

"She's right you know" Elise agrees and I groan. It feels like we've been sitting in the burning heat for hours trying to decide on flowers. I never knew there are so many types of flowers.

"Am I missing wedding planning" the queen interjects as she walks towards us. 

"Were just looking at flowers" Elise excitedly starts showing her the lilies. 

"And deciding which ones are fit for a royal wedding" Alice adds. 

"Which ones do you like Emily?" the queen asks.

"Umm" I look at all the magazines spread across the blanket, suddenly feeling overwhelmed. "Can't Cayden choose?", I awkwardly laugh. 

"I don't think he'd know the difference between sunflowers and dandelions" the queen gestures at a magazine with sunflowers and a weed in the grass. We all laugh. 

"The queen's right Emily, I don't think you'd be able to squeeze much help out of his meeting filled mind" Alice turns to me once the laughter dies. 

"I know, it's just a lot" I sight. 

"Emily, Emily" I hear Maddie call and turn to see her small figure running towards me. 

"Maddison slow down you might trip and fall" I stand up and start walking towards her. 

"I'm sorry" the little girl hangs her head, probably not wanting me to get mad. How could I get mad at my Maddie? I pick her up place her on my hip. Looking up I see a maid running towards us, evidently Maddie's had out run her. I smile and look down at the girl.

"Have you finished your lessons for today?" I ask. 

"Yes all done" Maddie beams up at me. 

"How about you help me then?" I smile down at her. Maybe she could make the process bearable. 

"With what?", she looks around noticing the group under the tree. 

"Choosing flowers",  I start to make my way back to the girls.

"Okay!" she exclaims clapping. 

"We have a little helper" I announce once we reach the group. The girls start talking about different arrangements of flowers once again and Maddie smiles, evidently liking every option. 

"This is so pretty" I hear Maddie say, I look at the picture and I have to agree with her, it is very pretty. 

"Maddie your very good at this" I smile and she smiles back. "I think we've found one" I turn to the group. 

"Ooo let me see" Elise smiles. I pick up the magazine and show the girls. 

"Yes it's perfect" Alice smiles. 

"Gardenia's good choice Emily" the queen smiles

"And they would look beautiful in a bouquet like this" Elise quickly flips through a magazine before finding the picture. 

"I love it" I look up at Elise

"Flowers, check" Alice announces, drawing a big tick in the air. we all laugh.