Mission One

"Gretel always talked about you in her letters" Maddie, as she likes to be called, says as we drive towards the castle. "we both want you to win".

"Well then you'd be a princess" I add with a wink.

"Exactly, I can have all sweets and tiaras I want" we giggle together as the car stops. Before the footman can open our doors we jump out of the car and walk up the entrance way. "Wow, it's bigger than I thought".

"I know, I nearly fainted the first time I saw it" we laugh uncontrollably. Maddie starts skipping ahead as if knowing her way around. 

"So what do you want to do first?".

"Hmmm I don't know" she looks up at me with the cutest confused look I've ever seen.

"Well we could get those sweets and I know a special someone who might have a spare tiara or two" I laugh as I see the brightest smile overwhelm her small figure. 

"Yes, yes, yes".

"come on then. The first mission is to sneak some sweets out of the kitchen". retracing my step from the time I stumbled upon the kitchen, we arrive and because of the late hour, it's thankfully empty. Cayden has yet to tell anyone else about Maddie and I think it best not to be answering questions until he has. Looking through the cupboards I finally find the stash of sweet and grab a selection of different bags before turning back to Maddie as we both grin at each other. "Let's go before someone sees" I take her hand and we run out, trying to hold in our giggles. "we'll go back to my room and then you can move into your room tomorrow, does that sound good?".

"As long as I get sweets I'm happy".

For the next couple of hours, we feast on our sweets and get to know either. Before long we're both asleep.

Mission complete.