Movies

The movie theatre is just how the girls described it. multiple sofas are situated around the room, all facing towards the biggest screen I've ever seen. The tv takes up the whole wall! must have cost more than my house. 

"Okay time for some romance" Elise giggles running towards the stack of DVD's. 

"You better be picking the notebook I've watched that a million times it's my favourite" Alice laughs, lying on one of the couches. 

"No not that one" Elise answers, still looking through the shelves. 

"The first movie Emily is going to watch has to be the notebook" Alice argues back.

"Nope, nope, nope" I laugh at the two as I start on the popcorn. 

"Sweet, salty or a load of butter?" I ask once the girls have put the movie in. 

"Butter, duh" Elise answers while adjusting the volume.

"The only way to have popcorn is it dripping in butter" Alice agrees.

"Butter it is" I add the melted butter and mix it around. Elise and Alice now share the couch, taking one of the blankets I grab a pillow and sit on the floor next to them. As I hand the popcorn over I turn back to the TV and see the title Dear John. 

"Okay maybe this is my new favourite movie" Alice says once the credits appear. 

"I told you it's the best" Elise sniffs, while wiping her eyes. 

"If that's what all movies are like I'll never leave this room" I joke, wiping my own tears. 

"How can she deal with not knowing if he's going to die at war" Alice sobs. "And then he burns her letters" .

"And she takes care of his dad" Elise adds. "She gets him talking about his coins and brings him dinner", by now we're all a sobbing mess.

"I think we all need to clean up for dinner" I laugh after our sobbing session is over. 

"Definitely" Alice agrees wiping her own smeared mascara. 

"Let's go, I heard there's cheesecake for desert" Elise giggle and we all make our way to our rooms together. 

As friends.