New beginning

Your single mother had recently died and you were left on the streets. You only had your pyjamas and so had to scavenge for anything you could find. Truthfully, it was becoming boring. It was easy for you to find food and everyday necessities, however you had no time for hobbies and no money anyway. Other children had frequently asked if you wanted to participate in the activity they were playing, although you couldn't think of anything more boring and useless.
You were crouching in your usual spot whilst looking down at the floor lost in thought. You saw the shoes of presumably a man, judging by the size and style of the shoes and his pants, you continued looking at the floor whilst simultaneously observing his every move. You had come to a conclusion. He continued walking towards you until he was standing in front of you, he was about to speak but you spoke first.
"Yes."
"Hmm... yes what?"
"Yes I will come to Wammys house to attempt to succeed L." You heard him gasp, but he said nothing. He stopped for a moment then spoke.
"Ah, I see I was right in thinking of recruiting you." He was about to continue when you spoke.
"I am aware that I will need an alias..." you stopped in thought, "Is Near available?"
He chuckled. This confused you slightly, however the only logical solution you could think of was that Near had already been taken as an alias.
"Ok, I suppose not. Instead I wish to be addressed by the alias... Far, as it is the opposite of Near."
"Alrighty then, my name is Watari. Today you will be shown your room and introduced to everyone-"
"Will I be completing my entrance exams tomorrow then?" You inquired.
"Y-yes. I have to ask, how do you know about all this?" You ignored his question and headed to his car.
"Where are you going?" He asked
"To your car."
"How do you know I came here in a car?"
"Well, judging by your already creased clothing and considering it's only approximately 9:30am. It's fairly obvious that you've been sat down for a while and therefore Wammys is a fair distance away and in that case you must have arrived in your car. That's where I'm going."
"How do you know I didn't get here by public transport?"
"Your dressed in expensive clothing, it wouldn't make sense for you to be able to afford clothes like that but not a car. Furthermore, I heard the keys jingle in your pocket as you approached me. All leading to the result that you drove here."
"Okay, lead the way." He said smirking, he was obviously testing you.
You weren't completely sure where his car would be parked but knew it wouldn't be too hard to locate. You walked back the same way you saw him come until you were led to a road with only one car parked there. This was fortunate as there wouldn't have been a complete possibility that you would have known which car was his. You reached the car then turned back and looked at him. He had a huge grin on his face, one which you could not mimic.
"Correct, well done." He unlocked the car and you climbed into the passenger seat. You sat quietly in the back, enjoying the silence of the journey until Watari ruined it.
"I must say, you really remind me of another child in the orphanage, our top student in fact,"
"..."
"His name is-"
"Near" you interrupted.
"Y-yes. How did you know?"
"You said I reminded you of someone in the orphanage. The most likely answer being the alias that I originally thought of however was already in use as this would infer a likeness in mental processing."
"Ah yes I suppose that makes sense. However, you're also both similar by your intelligence and use of logical reasoning."
"Hmm... I see." In that statement he basically only consolidated your previous suggestion, however you didn't bother to tell him. You began thinking, could it be that my intelligence could be challenged by this Near? You began twirling your [H/L] [H/C] hair around your finger. Watari noticed this and began speaking, however it was quite obvious what he was going to say judging by his reaction to your recent action.
"Oh, it seems you both have a habit of twirling your hair around your finger whilst thinking as well."
"...". You saw a book in the back of the car seat, it was about calculus. You realised you had already read it but decided to ask to read it anyway. Watari told you you could and so for the rest of the journey you read about calculus, again.