Departure

It's been a few weeks and you still haven't spoken to Near, in fact, you haven't even seen him. Was he ignoring you? Everyone had gotten their test results back, you had scored higher than him, perhaps that's why he was avoiding you? Or perhaps it was because of what had happened at the park, you were unsure though.
You had to leave and go to Japan later today, you were to become a new detective, F.
You assumed Near would also be going to Japan, but you were 95% positive he wouldn't be going to the same area as you and you wouldn't be able to associate yourself with him incase it blew yours or his cover. So why was he avoiding you? He probably knew you two wouldn't see each other for years, yet he wasn't even going to say goodbye?
Fine.
You dragged your suitcase to your bedroom door and opened it. You looked up to see... him. Near. Standing there, awkwardly twiddling his hair and looking at the floor, blushing. He slowly looked up until his eyes met your cold ones. He stared at your pale face then looked back to the ground.
"I'll be leaving to go to Japan soon, so can we hurry this up?" You asked monotonously.
He looked at you, with slight confusion on his face, "Fine." Was all he said. Suddenly his lips came crashing into yours, his force caused your hair to fly upwards, your eyes widened and your cheeks became pale pink. His cold hand caressed your pink cheek whilst the other pulled you towards him.
He parted from you and then pulled you into a hug.
"I'm going to miss you Far."
"As I will you."
"Do you think you'll forget me?"
"How could I?"
You noticed Mello tapping his foot on the floor in front of you two. You separated from the hug and Near left, leaving you and Mello.
"So... your leaving?"
"Oui."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Why would I?"
He grunted, then laughed.
"Well anyway, if you ever get sick of Near, know you'll always have me."
He said this so seriously, you nodded. He hugged you and said he wished he'd gotten to know you better, then left.
You began to pull your suitcase down the hall when you saw the gleam that only radiates off glasses or, in this case, goggles. Matt emerged from the shadows, his head was down and he was staring at the floor.
"So, Far, your leaving?"
"Indeed."
"... Why?"
"I can't tell you."
"Will you be safe?"
"Probably."
"That's..." he began as his face shot up "that's just not good enough!" His eyes were filled with tears. This shocked you and you took a step back.
"I'm... sorry." You said as you slowly began hugging him. He buried his face in your shoulder and cried for a small while, then stopped and pulled himself together.
"I'm sorry, it's not your fault that you have to go and you have no obligation to tell me anything about it, it's just... I..." he sighed "Doesn't matter..."
he stopped for a while then continued.
"I'll miss you Far." He was trying to smile at this point.
"I'll miss you too."
He hugged you once more, you thought you felt tears again, then he suddenly stepped back and walked away quickly, keeping his head down.
You walked up to the roof where you saw a helicopter waiting for you along with L and Watari.
"Ah, hello Far. You will take the first helicopter which will take you to an area in Japan, you will then get a taxi to this hotel." L said as he handed you a small price of paper with an address on it.
"Near will depart in another helicopter but to a different area. Then me and Watari will take yet another helicopter to a different area. You and Near will start solving separate cases to get public knowledge of your capability whilst also reading over the Kira case. I plan to join forces with you after you've done this and you will make it exclusive that your solving the Kira case."
"Right." You said with a nod.
You loaded your suitcase onto the helicopter then set out to Japan. You watched as your old home shrunk to this size of a dot then became incomprehensible altogether...

A.N
Hello readers, sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been sick. But anyways, there will be a new update soon! Thanks for reading!