Arriving

The car pulled up outside a mansion-like building. You were correct, the journey was long, but you didn't mind as you got to read the whole of the calculus book.
"Ok, here we are."
"This should suffice." You commented, to no one in particular.
"You will be placed on the top floor, there are less rooms up there and therefore less disturbances."
"Thank you." You said aloofly.
"Near, Mello and Matt are also located on the top floor."
"The top 3 of L's successors I presume."
"Yes." He took a breath to continue, probably to ask how you knew, but stopped and saved his voice.
"Also Watari, when I am being introduced I won't have to say a seemingly endless speech and answer lots of questions will I?"
"No you don't need a speech but yes, you will have to answer questions. Before you complain, you have no choice."
"What made you think I was going to complain?"
"Weren't you?" He questioned, slightly surprised.
"I am in no position to negotiate nor refuse your terms."
He hummed a yes.
You walked through the large doors and to the main hall, there where lots of children of varying ages, engaging in small talk and chatting, both of which you found annoying and a waste of time.
"Students" Watari started, the whole hall quieted down until it was reduced to silence. "We have a new member, she wishes to be addressed as Far." Watari continued to discuss your situation with the students. Eyes where glued on your face, you felt their stares. You began unconsciously twirling your hair around your finger. There where lots of small whispers, you were able to comprehend a couple:
"I heard they aren't accepting anymore students, she must be pretty smart"
"She's kinda cute."
"She reminds me of Near, but I don't know why."
"She's doing the same thing Near does with his hair!"
Soon, that comment spread across the whole hall and was the only thing people were discussing. You realised you were playing with your hair, but didn't bother to stop. You disliked doing things just because social convention dictates you should.
"So, does anybody have any questions for Far?" Hands shot up like fireworks shooting into the sky. You answered a few and Watari said this would be the last one. A girl who was slightly younger than you asked "What are your hobbies?"
"I like to read, make structures, solve puzzles and play with my toys. I also like to play the violin and the piano." You were satisfied with your response to the question, but even still there was a ruckus, you were just unsure why.
"Aww she even has similar hobbies to Near."
"They would make a pretty cute couple."
Suddenly someone towards the back of the hall stood up, directing the attention of the hall to them, pleasing you that it was now away from you.
"Oh my gosh, I totally just realised that their ship name would be Fear!"
Soon enough the whole hall erupted into all the student shouting in unison
"Fear! Fear! Fear! Fear!"
You weren't embarrassed by this, just hugely annoyed, please just leave me alone, you thought.
"Ok, ok, settle down." Watari said, a little too late.
"Far, you will be shown to your room by..."
"Near!" Everyone shouted.
"I hate to agree, but his room is right next to yours. It would only be logical. However, if you don't want to..."
"I don't care." You said.
"Near, does it bother you?" Watari said. The attention of the whole school was directed to a boy all in white, Near. This didn't surprise you, you had already suspected that he was Near due to his lack of enthusiasm in the gossip. You were the only one not staring at Near, you saw no point in turning your head.
"No." He said simply.
"Oooh" arose from the hall, how childish.
"Alright then, Fear, I mean Near, I mean Far..." Watari absent mindedly uttered.
"OMG, Watari ships it!!!" Someone else screamed. This was getting out of hand.
"Erm... sorry about that. If Near and Far go first then I will dismiss everyone else in rows."
"Alright." You and Near said in unison, once again revitalising the chaos.
You sighed and Near began to walk, you followed.