Trip day

The next morning you ate breakfast, brushed your teeth and hair, then got changed into the dress from L. You took a book with you to read on the trip.
You walked down the stairs and were already getting glances and heard whispers, mostly from boys.
You made out a couple:
"Woah, the new girl looks super cute."
"Yeah and she's really smart."
"Does she have a boyfriend."
"I don't know but I hope not."
These comments made you feel uncomfortable and you started walking faster, however remained with your usual cold, emotionless expression.
You decided that you would try to be the first on the coach so that you wouldn't have to endure the awkward encounter of asking someone if you could sit next to them because there were no more seats.
You took a bottle of water and your book and headed to the coach.
Watari was waiting at the doors of the coach, you asked if you could go in, he said "Oh, you seem rather eager now Far, what's with the sudden attitude change?"
You ignored him. He chuckled and said "Yes, you can get on."
You began walking up the steps, Watari said "Oh, but Far, you have to sit at the back where there are more seats. Near, Mello and Matt will accompany you there."
You nodded and headed to the back and sat next to the window.
You had been reading your book for a while whilst waiting for the others to get there. The coach was now loud due to all the chatter.
You felt someone was watching you. Actually no, more than one. You looked up to reveal Matt and Mello, jaw dropped and staring at you, when your eyes met theirs they turned red and looked away. You also noticed that Near was staring at you, however when your eyes met his he didn't look away, instead he met your stare.
You were too stubborn to look away and assumed he was too. So instead you just continued to gazed into each others eyes until Mello walked in between you two once again.
Near took a seat next to you, then Mello sat down, then Matt. Mello and Matt kept on giving Near glares, you were unsure why though.
Near pulled out a book, it was the same one you were reading, he realised this and smirked slightly before beginning to read.
You had been sitting reading without interruption for quite a while before Near spoke to you, "Sorry for interrupting, but you should probably know that you've been getting stared at by quite a few people...Well, boys."
You looked at him, you had a bored look on your face and so did he. You shrugged and said there was nothing you could do about it.
"Yes I know, I just felt you should know."
"Oui, merci Near."
"De rien." He said. You smiled slightly and continued reading your book.
Once the coach stopped you were forced off and outside.
There was a road which you all had to cross before getting to the park. You stood next to Watari,
"Ok now everyone, please hold hands whilst we cross the road." He said stretching his hand out to you. You replied with a slightly amused look.
"Even you Far." He said.
You reluctantly opened both your hands, Watari took you left.
You felt a cold hand take your right hand. You looked at the hand, then up to the persons face, it was Near. He remained focused on the road, however you knew he could tell you were looking at him.
You all crossed the road and Watari let go of your hand.
The grass was freshly cut and the flowers were fully bloomed.
Watari set the picnic blanket on the ground and set out all the food.
"Everyone please sit."
You sat down and Near sat down next to you. You heard a buzzing sound towards the ground, causing you too look. You realised that you and Near were still holding hands, then you saw a bee flying away, that must have been what the buzzing was.
You redirected your attention to yours and Nears hands. He noticed you looking and unclasped his hand from yours.
"Oh sorry, I forgot until now." He said
"...Me too." You replied.
You ate a small amount of food and stayed seated on the blanket when lots of people got up to go play on the park. You noticed that you, Near and Watari were the only ones still seated.
"Far, Near" Watari started, "why don't you two go and play with the other children? It's the only time you'll get to have a day of fun."
"I am having fun." You said whilst holding up your book, Near nodded in agreement.
"Oh, why are you two reading the same book?"
"It wasn't planned." You and Near said at the same time.
"Ah right, I see." He said then chuckled.
"Are you two going out yet?"
"No." You two in unison, this made you feel slightly uncomfortable, but you didn't let it show.
"Why not? Near, do you not think Far is pretty?"
"Yes... I suppose she is pretty." He said aloofly... and rather quickly, you thought to yourself. You noticed he may have been blushing slightly, but you weren't sure though because he hid his face with his hair.
"And Far, do you not think Near is handsome."
You examined Near then answered with a simple yes.
"Then why aren't you two going out. You two are extremely similar and I can tell you two like each other."
This puzzled you. How could it be that Watari knows you like Near, when you didn't even think you did. You looked up at Near who was staring at you and twirling his hair, you were also twirling yours.
"Please excuse me." You said getting up from your current seat. You walked away ignoring what was being said to you.
You walked up a large hill where no one else was situated, you laid down on the grass and blocked out the sun with your book whilst you continued reading. You saw a large shadow cast over you, when you moved your book to see what was there you saw Near, he was standing over you looking at you.
He laid down next to you.
"Did you leave because you were uncomfortable."
"Yes. Did you?"
"I did."
"Watari is confusing."
"Indeed."
"...Oh well." You said with a sigh before continuing with your book.
Near was watching Matt and Mello, they were pushing each other down the hill. They had huge smiles on their faces, so, I suppose they were happy?
He turned to you, "Are you actually having fun."
"I suppose," You said placing your book down, "However, I've read that book so many times now."
"Ah, I see. Would you like to have fun?"
"Alright, what do you sugge-" before you could finished he was pushing you down the hill. You began to roll, but first grabbed his hand and pulled him down with you. You both went tumbling down the sloping hill. You closed your eyes to stop anything getting in them.
You noticed you had stopped moving so you opened your eyes. When you opened them you were at the bottom of hill and... on top of Near! How did that even happen?!?
You noticed he was staring a you, with a slight smile on his face, you too had a small smile on your face. You stared into his eyes for a while, but this time it wasn't because you were too stubborn or where trying to find some emotion, it was because you actually just wanted to.
He was also staring into your eyes, but for a split second directed his attention to your lips, then back to your eyes.

He suddenly lifted his head towards yours. You felt his soft, cold lips touch yours. You tensed up unsure of what to do. It didn't last long because he disconnected his lips from yours and sat up. He was slightly pink, you also felt that your cheeks were warm.
Near scanned the area before freezing and going even more red. You looked in that direction and saw everyone staring at you two, then you heard "Fear! Fear! Fear! Fear!"
You turned red and looked down to the ground.