First night

You examined the building whilst making your way to the top floor, in complete silence. Once at the top floor Near walked to a room in the middle of two others and opposite another.
"This will be your room," Near stated monotonously.
"My room is to your right and Mello's is to your left. Matt's is opposite.
"Ok, thank you Near." You replied, just as monotonously.
"Good night, Far." He said opening his door.
"Bonsoir." You said whilst entering your room.
You shut the door and scanned your room. Empty. The walls were white as well as the floor, the bed and the dressing table. You appreciated this as your favourite colour was white. You noticed there was a clock, it read 7:34pm. Earlier you saw a schedule of the day and had memorised it, so you knew that curfew was at 9:00pm. So what should you do until then? You thought of leaving your room and going to the library to read, but you didn't know where it was and didn't want to have to socialise, so you decided to just sit on the floor and think for a while.
You had been sitting on the floor for approximately 10 minutes and by now you were lost in thought. Someone knocked on your door, pulling you out of your trance. You stumbled to you feet, regained balance, and continued to the door to answer it. You opened your door and saw nobody. Suddenly you saw a big stack of puzzle boxes and a few packs of cards and dice coming your way. They was being carried by... Near? He entered your room and placed the stack on your floor.
"I realised you would have nothing to do and then remembered your hobbies. You can borrow these until Watari buys you your own."
"Merci beaucoup." You replied staring down at the stack.
"Why do you do that?"
"Hmm..." you began, lifting your head to look at him "do what?" You continued.
"Speak in French."
"Oh sorry, sometimes it just gets mixed up in my English,  I don't even realise I'm doing it."
"Is that so. Alright then, goodnight." He said once again.
"Bonn-" you realised and stopped yourself.
"Good night."
"Oh no, I didn't mean stop speaking in French, I just wanted to know why you do it. You should continue speaking in French, it's an interesting eccentricity."
And with that he left.
Immediately after he left you began engrossing yourself in puzzles and structures. When you had finished completing all the puzzles and your room was full with carefully placed card and dice structures, you looked at the clock, 5:30am. You hadn't realised how much time had passed. Luckily you don't need to sleep as much as everyone else, but some sleep couldn't hurt.
You noticed a toothbrush on the dressing table and a note addressed to you, informing you that this was yours. You picked it up and proceeded to the bathroom that was located on your floor. Only you, Near, Mello and Matt used this one so it was unlikely that you would see someone, however not impossible. You entered the bathroom and saw Near, he also had a tooth brush in his hand. He looked at you and yours and his eyes met. You continued to stare, as did he. It is said that the eyes can reveal what one is truly feeling, you were attempting to test that theory by staring into Nears eyes, perhaps he was trying to do the same to you. However he wouldn't find any emotion in your eyes, and you found none in his.
The silence was broken by another boy entering the bathroom. His hair was blond and quite long and he was wearing an all black attire. This was either Matt or Mello, but you were unsure which one.
He observed you both then smirked.
He walked in between you two, breaking the stare.
"Mission unsuccessful." Near whispered to himself.
"What was that Near, mission unsuccessful?" The one boy started,
"What was you mission? To tell her you like her." He said in a teasing manner.
"Don't be absurd Mello." Near replied, as serious as always.
"Well anyway, a beautiful and intelligent girl such as Far doesn't deserve someone as dull as you anyway Near." He realised what he said and blushed then bit down on his chocolate.
"And yet I'm the one confessing my love for her?" Near commented, noticing his red cheeks.
"Pff, ok, whatever. Anyway, Far my name is Mello." He said turning his attention to you.
"Obviously." You and Near commented at the same time.
"Yeah, yeah ok I admit that was kinda stupid of me. Well anyway, I am the second of L's successors and Matt is third."
"Ok, thank you for informing me." You said and then began to brush your teeth. Once you were finished you returned to your room. Mello and Near were walking to the canteen and saw your creations, Mello gasped and let himself in, Near stood at your door looking in.
"Woah these are amazing! When did you do them?" Mello inquired
"Last night."
"Impressive, I suppose." Near commented.
"I gave you them yesterday but I didn't expect you to complete all the puzzles and create so many structures in one night." He continued
Mello tripped on a puzzle and fell on your masterpiece, causing it to cascade downwards, ultimately destroying it. He quickly jumped up and realised what he had done.
"I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to, it was just beca-".
"I don't care, I wanted to create a new structure anyway."
"Woah really, your fine with it, just like that?" He said, shocked. You saw Near smiling slightly, invisible for most but you were quite observant.
"Yes, however I haven't slept yet and so would really like to get some sleep so if you don't mind leaving."
"Oh, was you up all night finishing the puzzles and creating the structures?"
"Yes."
"Urrr, now I feel worse. I'll leave but you should know I am really really sorry."
"Once again, it's fine." You said whilst sighing, you disliked repeating yourself. They both left and you were alone in your room once again. You climbed in bed and almost immediately fell asleep.