Doing It Wrong

'Talk if you need to, but I can't stay to hear you
That's the wrong thing to do'

"I should probably tell you what happened" Raven spoke quietly, India left a couple hours ago now it's just me and her. We both sat on the couch looking at the tv but I knew neither one of us was really watching.

"Nah you good, you don't got to if you don't want to" I contest cause in the pit of my stomach I knew that black eye and busted lip had something to do with me.

"No you deserve to know for giving me a safe place to lay my head" She pushes turning her body facing me. I sigh in defeat knowing I couldn't say nothing to change her mind.

"Alright, I'm listening" I sat back getting comfortable waiting for her to start the story.

"The other night I was in the kitchen eating some tacos and what not when jason came downstairs storming in the kitchen shoving my phone in my face yelling, I grabbed his wrist to see what was on the phone.......... it was our message thread"

"You know what, you dont even gotta finish it ain't even all that safe over here"

"He saw everything, the nudes, the old messages, the new messages, he literally seen everything, after what felt like forever he starts questioning me why, how, when, he wanted to know everything"

I sat quiet letting her continue.

"I told him everything how we met, when you came to cali for business with my dad, except I didn't tell him that because he doesn't know that my dad is the infamous kingpin of the west" She chuckles wiping tears from her eyes.

"So I simply told him we ran into each other when we where both in L.A. then I proceeded to to tell him about the first time we shared a night of passion and the countless nights after, by the time I was done his whole body was red, he looked at me with so much hatred and pain tears were rolling down my face as the guilt took over my body, but it was his last question that made is seem like time stopped"

My breathing stops hoping that last question wasn't what I thought it was.

"He asked me if I loved you a--"

"I think I heard enough" I said quickly jumping up from the couch cutting her off, turning around I began walking up the stairs.

"I said yes!, and he snapped" She whispers the last part.

Closing my eyes I sigh, I knew eventually this day was gone come because even though she never said it out loud she always expressed it through her actions.

Turning around I walk back down the steps seeing her wiping her eyes.

"I love you too....... but not in the way you love me"