Familiar Faces

/// art by---> http://dancingtealcats.tumblr.com/post/161383659842/some-awareness-art-after-reading-about-the ///
Paul's POV
I was helping pat with cooking when I heard a firm knock at our door.
"I'll get it!" I say, wondering who it may be. Hopefully it's not Tord waiting for us and would say that he needed me and pat for something important. Like last time. As I open the door, I see Tord. Great. He's probably going to tell us to get out and do something useful. But then I see a familiar face standing next to him.
"Oh. Um, hello sir! What brings you here?" I say, a bit of disappointed slipped into my sentence. Tord noticed and frowned.
"Paul, you didn't do anything wrong ok? I just need you to take Edd back to his apartment. I will join you guys on the ride."
"Paul?! Who is it?!" Said Pat from the kitchen.
"Don't worry! It's just Red and..... umm-"
"Edd" says the man next to Tord.
Huh. That name.... sounds so familiar. And he looks familiar.
"Hey Pat! I will be needing both of you in the parking lot at 10!" Yells Tord.
"Yes sir!" We both say. Of course my voice was louder than Pat's. Tord starts to limp away with his crunches with Edd close behind him. I close the door and tell Pat what Tord needs us for.
"Well, that doesn't seem too bad." Says Pat. Obviously he was also thinking about the last time he made us do something at our free day.
Edds POV
I feel like I've seen Pat and Paul before. They sounded and looked familiar. I see Tord push his shoulder against the door to a parking lot. That wound that he has on his leg must be a new injury. I wonder how often he gets injured. So I decided to ask.
"Hey uh, Tord, how often do you... ya know, get injured?" I cringe at how bad I sounded there.
"Hm? Oh.... I get injured quite a lot. I would say that I would get shot somewhere at least once every like what 2 to 3 months?" He says.
"Oh my god." I never thought that he would get shot that much.
"Yeah.... it ain't fun. But gunshots are not the only thing I've gotten hit by. I've been stabbed by knives, survived explosions from grenades, and was able to take two missiles. One was to the chest and another was to my hip." He said his eyelids lowering. And his lip curving down.
"How.... are you even alive?!" I have never heard someone survive that much.
" I honestly don't know. But that crash from the incident did leave me in one of the worst situations I've ever been in. It was honestly scary to feel such pain, mentally and physically." He looked down. I just noticed that we were standing at the side of his base, talking.
"Is the reason why your in crunches because you got shot?" I ask.
"Yes. It was when me and the two were walking back from Eduardo talking with me. Then the police saw me and chased me. I hit one of them while running and then got hit in return."
"Oh." I say. He must have a lot of story's to share. His life must be interesting but dangerous. All of a sudden, I hear a voice.
"Sir! We're ready!"
I look over and see Paul and Pat walking to us. Tord pushes of the wall of the base that he was leaning on and started to limp towards a black car. Everyone gets inside. Paul in the drivers seat, Pat in the passengers seat. While me and Tord sat in the back. Paul puts the key in and turns it. And the car roars to life.
"So Edd, where do you live?" Pat says.
"I live in the apartment with a toy store across from it and a coffee shop right next to that." I reply.
"I know where that is." Says Paul. The car gets out on the parking lot and starts of through a dirt path that is well hidden by trees. That went on for a while until I saw that we were coming up to a bunch of tree branches with thick leaves on them. Perfect for hiding this path. We go through the branches and Pat asks me a question.
"So Edd, I've heard of you before. Have we met?"
"You may not remember this but we all did go to the same high school before." Buts in Tord. Now that I think about it, he was right. I remember seeing them together in the hallways of my school. I had at least 2 classes with them.
" So that's where I remember you from!"
Says Paul.
"You were that kid who had his hair over his eyes. People thought you were shy, but really, your funny and goofy." Says Pat.
"That's me!" I exclaim.
"Heh. Well it is nice seeing you again."
Says Paul. Looking back to me with a smile on his face.
" it's nice seeing you too. You changed a lot!"
"So have you!"
After that conversation. No one really talked for the rest of the trip. But it wasn't that weird awkward silence, it was more like a comforting silence. Tord was looking out the window, Pat was looking at something on his phone and Paul was focusing on driving.
I hear the car come to a stop.
"We're here" says Tord.
/// I got nothing to say for this. So have a great day!///