Chapter 2 - Strange Presence

Chapter Two – Strange Presence

I stared at Lydia as she walked around the broken car, trying to find something that would somehow tell her something through her powers.

"Scott I'm not doing anything here."

He smirked. "Hey, you're part of the pack, remember? And what better way of getting closer to us than helping solve a crime? Or whatever this is!?"

I raised my eyebrows and listened to the sound of a coyote, watching Malia walk towards us in her coyote form. Lydia and Stiles got out of the car they had previously gotten in and Lydia handed Malia her clothes as she nakedly turned into a human. I laughed as Scott looked away.

"I don't think they're dead."

"They're dead." Malia answered the strawberry blonde. "Probably torned apart."

"The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood." I thought out loud.

Lydia shook her head. "They're not dead. If they were dead I could sense them."

"If they were alive I could smell it."

"Yeah, I'm not getting anything either." Scott said, turning to us for the first time since Malia was here.

Stiles frowned at his friends words. "Scott, what're you talking about? You were in his head for four minutes , I timed it."

"Well it's not an exact science. And he's a kid, maybe he's too freaked out to remember." The alpha continued.

"Why does it matter if they're dead? Dead is dead." I rolled my eyes, ignoring Malia's words.

"Ok, if it was just a robbery we can't help them." My cousin continued. "And if it's something supernatural, my dad can't help them."

"It sounds like you want it to be supernatural." I stated.

"It's been like three months since anything's happened."

"Yeah, and once a week you drag me out of the bed like I'm some sort of supernatural's detector." Lydia fought back.

"Ok!" Stiles said. "Is way more often than that. You can't tell me this is just some series of some impossible coincidences!" I sighed. What was I doing there? They were the perfect team without me, Lydia could sense the dead, Scott and Malia could smell them and Stiles had an excellent mind; and I knew that even if Scott had dragged me out there so I could get more into their stuff I wouldn't be able to help.

"What I'm saying is that maybe that wouldn't be so bad." She answered him, turning around and walking away. Done with the situation, I followed my friend.

I really didn't know about Malia, but Lydia was as tired of the supernatural obsession Stiles had as much as I was. We had been walking around for days and days hoping to find something that I knew wouldn't happen. I could understand him, my cousin felt like if he couldn't do something useful to help the others then it was just a mess. He had the need to be needed, the need to help those who were in trouble just for the sake of it, and I loved it about him, but neither Lydia or I could deal with false hopes anymore.

"You know he isn't doing this on purpose." I told her, getting in the back seat of her car.

"I know."

Lydia took me and Malia home and I called it for the night. For some reason I felt tired and needed to sleep the enough amount for the next day, where we would take our yearbook pictures.