Chapter 9 - Heartless Memories

Chapter Nine – Heartless Memories

"I was at the hospital," Theo started, after we were silently laying down on my bed, together, for a while. "in the morgue. At first, I didn't really understand what I was doing there... I remembered what had happened for I just didn't understand..." He sighed. "I got out of the morgue and walked around a bit. The place was empty... But then I heard a voice." I looked up at him attentively. I hadn't asked him to tell me what he went through, because I had finally figured I didn't really have to know, but he had decided to share it with me. "My sister, she just... she'd shot at me and rip my heart out. Over and over..." Theo continued, with a shaking voice.

He boy laying by my side didn't say anything else and, after making sure he had finished telling the whole thing, by waiting a little longer, I hugged him, laying my head on his chest. I was being selfish, I realized as he wrapped his arms around my body, I needed comfort for being so long without him, but he needed it even more.

We didn't sleep that night, although I was sure Theo really needed to, but he could barely close his eyes without seeing his dead sister killing him repeatedly. We spent the whole time talking about completely random things and I then told him everything that happened since he involuntarily left.

Once the sun rose I went out of the room and prepared our breakfast, a couple French toasts and chocolate milk for both of us. I didn't know what he wanted to eat, but in case he didn't feel like French toasts and chocolate milk I'd just go back to the kitchen and grab something else.

Back inside my bedroom I locked the room and we ate calmly, a comfortable silence surrounding us. Right after that Theo decided to curiously go through my stuff and look every tiny place he could, making me roll my eyes. From time to time he'd look at me confused about why I had one thing or excited that I owned another. Honestly, he was acting like a snooping kid who was in a teenage girl's room for the first time in his entire life.

Theo then found a box full of pictures I had taken throughout my entire life, along with some we had both taken, and we decided to look at them, as I told them the stories of some and we shared others.

When Claudia called me for lunch Theo looked at me confused, but I simply ignored it. In the kitchen, I grabbed a plate and decided to fill it with as much food as I could. My uncle questioned me on why I wouldn't eat with them, to which I simply responded I wasn't feeling well. The sheriff didn't really bother pushing the issue and simply shrugged, with a nervous and preoccupied look on his face.

"Is everything alright, uncle?"

"Yes Skirt, everything is alright."

When back in my room I had lunch with Theo, I wasn't hungry so I let him have most of it.

The beginning of the afternoon was spent between cuddles, kisses and various interruptions of my uncle saying he urgently needed to show me something important. I didn't know what it was, but I figured it could wait.

It was around four o'clock when the bell rang, but I didn't move from my place between Theo's legs as he played with my hair. I hated when people touched my hair, not that I was afraid they'd mess it up or something, I simply wasn't comfortable with him. With Theo, I didn't really mind. The whole thing didn't really last, for two minutes later my uncle was angrily knocking on my door."

"Alice Stilinski, open this door right now!" He almost yelled, making me jump and shiver. My uncle never called me Alice, especially not Alice Stilinski, so now that he had I knew I was in trouble. With my eyes wide open, I turned around and looked at Theo, who was attentively looking at my bedroom door. "Alice, open this damn door right now!"