Chapter 17 - Come Back To Me

I miss him like I miss the feeling of the sun on my skin, and that makes me wonder, maybe he is the sun in my life - we are, after all, like the sun and the moon, always running after each other, rarely ever meeting.

When Theo and I exchanged our first words I didn't think he would play such an important part in my life, and I couldn't imagine the change and pain he eventually ended up bringing upon me. Even as I was falling, I always thought it was going to be like in one of those movies where the girl fell in love but the older brother (in this case, Stiles) hated the guy and would do anything to break them up but, in the end, would become friends with the boyfriend. Except it didn't happen that way, and in reality, the boyfriend ended up killing a bunch of people and proving Stiles was right. 

My heart didn't seem to care. Back when Theo came to talk to me I sent him away because I needed to be alone, to think about everything that had happened and, especially, I needed time to convince myself that I was doing the right thing; not being selfish and respecting Stiles. Back then, I seemed to be ok with it. Not anymore.

As the days went by I missed Theo more and more and more, and couldn't stop thinking about him, where he was, with whom he was, what he was doing. I wanted him next to me, every day, even if people didn't like seeing us together.

I washed my face and glared at the image in the mirror in front of me. I deserved to be happy. Screw you! I wanted to yell at everyone. I decided then and there that I wouldn't care about other's opinions. Theo and I had been through a lot, and during the whole time I was alone, I came to realize I had broken his heart over and over again, too. Sure, he had disappointed me in the worst ways possible, but he had also given me hope and love. He gave me the strength to move on a few times and was the first one who tried to help me understand what was going on with me when the dread doctors tried to keep me in the tunnels when everyone else seemed to be worrying about literally everyone but me. And that mattered, a lot.

"Is everything OK?" My uncle asked when I sat down, ready to eat breakfast. I nodded.

We ate for a while in silence. Every time the two of us were alone, I couldn't help but miss Stiles. He was gone for two months already, and neither of us had gotten used to his absence.

"I don't want Stiles to come back and help us, especially not after last time." I started, confusing my uncle. "However, I do feel like we aren't doing the right thing. He should know what's going on."

The sheriff sighed, before shaking his head. "I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole night." He told me. "He will definitely not be happy once he finds out about what is happening."

I nodded. "We don't even know how big this is. Everyone he loves could be in danger. He deserves to know."

"You are right. He does. But I won't be the one telling him." He stated, standing up and starting to pick his plate up. "I don't want him to come back to almost lose him again."

I rolled my eyes. I wouldn't be the one telling him either; I wasn't ready to hear all the "this is all your fault" if something happened to Stiles.

I decided I was going to do what Scott wanted and leave my cousin out of it. They were kind of right, Stiles would never stay in Virginia if he knew what was going on.

My uncle left the house as soon as he was ready, and I finished eating breakfast, cleaning everything once I was done.

I walked around my house, checking if everything was in place, before grabbing my phone and seating on the couch. I went through my contacts and stopped when I found Theo's, instantly dialling.