Chapter 4 - Discoveries

I had to explain to them that Stiles wasn't a what but a who, a he to be more specific. Stiles was a family nickname used by a lot of my previous family member, except my uncle, he never did. Although my father had used that nickname too, the one person that popped into my mind was my grandfather, but I did not want my friends to talk to him.

"Skirt." My uncle called as soon as I ran downstairs.

Looking for him in the kitchen I sat at the table and started eating breakfast. "Uncle."

"Why didn't you tell me Scott and Lydia were looking for your grandfather?"

I rolled my eyes, they had to have told my uncle about the whole situation since they knew I wouldn't help them get to Elias. From the Sheriff's tone I was sure he hadn't told them much but as far as I knew, they wouldn't give up on finding him, thinking the old man owned all the answers, when they couldn't be more wrong.

"I assume they came to talk to you."

"They did. You know your grandfather and you kn-"

"I know." I interrupted. "Believe me, I do."

After finishing breakfast, I got up and left the house, just in time not to seat with Claudia at the table.

I was going to look for Scott and tell him it didn't matter, that my grandfather would be no help, try to convince him of that. They didn't know him but my grandfather could be incredibly inconvenient and no one could fell completely comfortable around him. I hadn't visited him in years and neither had my uncle.

"Scott" I yelled as I saw him talk to Liam and Malia in the school hall. "I seriously can't with you."

"What?"

Malia looked at me with her eyes wide open and I instantly knew what they were talking about. "You're not going to my grandfather's nursing house." I told him.

"We're not." Scott awkwardly answered.

"I mean it. You can't go there."

The alpha looked attentively at me, and I recognize the uncertain look in his eyes. "Listen Skirt, he might be our only lead."

"He won't help you." I assure them. "By going there, you're just wasting your time."

"Well then we'll waste out time." Malia said, starting to walk towards the school's exit, followed by both boys.

"You don't' understand."

"I do, ok?" The werewolf turned around to look at me and shook his head. "Whatever is going on, whoever this person we're all missing is, your grandfather might know something about it. If he went by that name in the army then he might know someone else who goes by that name now."

But that's a family nickname. I wanted to yell, before quickly realizing maybe my grandfather did know the answer. What if, by any chances, Stiles was the name of the missing person? What if he was part of my family? Could that be possible? That would explain why I felt something was off at home, or that I felt I had known this person my whole life. So, was the missing person Stiles? Whoever Stiles was then, we needed to find out, we had to.

I nodded. "Ok. I can tell you the exact place he is at but I'm not going with you."

Scott looked at me surprised before I quickly gave him the address to the nursing house, warning him to be careful about the man. He didn't really mind.

"Well and what do I do about Gwen?" Liam asked. "You have to help me convince her."

"It's not your job to convince her, it's your job to keep her safe." The alpha wisely told him, as I wondered who was Gwen and what was happening.