Chapter 5 - Relics

I hadn't been able to sleep for a few nights, especially last night after the conversation with my uncle, and Lydia had noticed that too well, after I told her about who Stiles could possibly be, according to what my uncle told me. She talked me more into everything that was going on so I could help a bit. Therefore, we gathered with Malia and Scott in one of the school halls as Lydia showed some kid's card.

"What is that?" I questioned confused.

"It's a relic." She told us, making us all frown before she could explain. "It's an object with fixed association with the past. Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken, and Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom's floor."

"How can someone be erased and still leave something behind?" Malia asked her.

"A conservation of mass." Malia and I rolled our eyes, not understanding what she meant, and Scott looked directly at the banshee. "The total mass of any isolated system remains constant."

"I hate physics." I commented.

"So even the Ghost Riders have a weakness."

"A relic could be proof the Stiles existed." Malia confirmed, making me feel excited.

I nodded. "Yeah, I can get home and try to find something, anything that could help us remember him and get him back." I told them. They all agreed.

After the school day was over I headed to the sheriff station with Lydia, to get the house keys, since I had forgotten mine, and told him everything that was going on.

"You wanna search my house?" He asked Lydia, once she told her about the relics.

"We're going to." I told him. "I live there, remember, she's just going to help me."

My uncle shook his head and Lydia leaned onto da table. "People are leaving things behind. So if Stiles left anything-"

"Why- why would it be there?"

"You can't just erase people, uncle." The sheriff looked at me. "They leave things behind."

My uncle didn't say anything for a while and Lydia sighed, I almost saw her giving up. We wouldn't give up, we were going to do this, I just had decided it was better to let my uncle know first, it's not like I was asking him for permission.

"Look, I couldn't sleep last night so ah, I got up and read some paper work. The files were in the back of my car so I went to the garage and someything just fell off some shelf and I stump my toe on a old baseball bat. Without thinking, I yelled a name." He said, looking at us.

"Stiles." Lydia and I said at the same time.

Next thing we know we were already in my house, searching for any clues, any relics. I headed to my bedroom, looking there for something that could be related to Stiles, Lydia told me she'd stay in the living room. I looked everything, and found things I couldn't even remember having, but not one made me remember of Stiles or made me think it could be a relic.

I wanted to cry, one moment I was trying to get my boyfriend back from the dead and the other my cousin from wherever he could be, but I seemed to not be successful in either of them.

"What are you doing?" I heard Claudia yell.

Frowning, I ran down towards the sound, only in time to see Lydia leave my house.

"What happened?"

"She was tarrying our wall paper." I raised an eyebrow and rolled my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure that's not right." I followed Lydia out of the house, but her car wasn't there anymore.