Chapter 12 - Good Eye-Color

Chapter Twelve – Good Eye-color

We got inside a car and headed towards the hospital, the farthest place we knew well enough to hide. As we were about to enter the building, Liam stopped and stared at an ambulance.

"Liam, come on, what are you doing?"

"We don't have much advantage!"

The beta got into the ambulance and turned on the siren. At first I almost snapped, but later realized it had been a great idea, since we were not only running from the Ghost Riders, but we also wanted all of them to come after us, leaving the three of them free.

"What the hell are you doing?" Theo yelled, trying to shut it.

"Don't turn it off!" I yelled, pushing him away from the ambulance.

"Do you wanna bring them all here? Every single one of them?" He passed through me, but Liam stopped in time.

"That's exactly what we wanna do!" Liam yelled. "Because if the Ghost Riders are here it means they're not tryna get to Scott!"

"You don't care if they get to you?" Theo asked, looking at me, but the next words didn't come out of my mouth.

"They're gonna get all of us, eventually."

"You!" Theo yelled, pointing at Liam. "You're going first! That's the only reason I'm with you. Because while they're busy wrapping a whip around your neck or shooting a hole in your head, I'll be in the other direction. I'm on your side as long as it helps me!" Theo said, glancing at me.

"Trust me, I know." Liam told him, pushing him towards the hospital.

I looked down and gasped, shaking my head. "Yeah... we know." I said, before walking into the hospital.

The boys followed behind and Theo quickly stopped, standing there looking at the hospital hallway. I looked around, trying to understand where he was looking at, before remembering what he had told me about his sister and the time he had spent with her the last months. I wanted to tell him it wasn't real, that it was no longer happening, but made the choice to stay quiet.

"Theo." I called. "Theo!"

"Yeah, sorry... I just thought I was somewhere else."

I looked at Liam, knowing he didn't understand and then started walking, hearing the horses outside. Together, we all ran in the same direction, Liam leading. Not much later, we entered the morgue.

"This is your brilliant idea?" The chimera yelled. "Barricade ourselves in the morgue?"

"The Ghost Riders go after the living, so we hide we the dead." Liam told us, opening a drawer that revealed a dead body.

I frowned. "I like the way you're thinking, but I'm not getting in one of those."

Liam nodded. "Me neither." He said, closing the door and turning around looking at us.

Theo shook his head. "You should have left me in that holding cell."

I glared at Theo and walked towards him, feeling the anger get on my head. "You know what? Maybe we should have! Maybe we should have left you there and maybe the Ghost Riders would have already got you and now you wouldn't be standing here with your selfish self. Maybe you should just say thanks once in a while, because right now you could be gone, you could be dead. And you probably wouldn't be yelling all the damn time just because all you wanna do is save your ass. So if you don't like this idea just go ahead and leave. Maybe we don't need you after all, maybe you're completely right and yes we should have left you if that damn cell!" I yelled, surprising him.