Chapter 1

Tori POV

Today we're picking out own roles for Sikcowitz's new play, because we always argue over who gets what role. He goes to Andre first with a little box. Andre' reaches in pulls out a little card.

"Tommy, ten year old identical twin brother of Cater." Andre' says reading off the card. Sikowitz goes to Beck next.

"Cater, ten year old identical twin brother of Tommy. I guess were twins." He says looking at Andre'.

"Their mama's got some explaining to do." he says causing everyone to laugh. Sikcowitz goes to Jade next.

"Walter Swain, Husband of Nancy." Then it's me.

"Nancy wife of Walter Swain." Oh no. Walter is Jade and Jade and I don't get alone. I look over at Jade who is just as shocked as me and everyone else in the class.

"I'm supposed to play her Husband!" Jade exclaims.

"I'll just pick another card." I say trying to put my card back but Sikowitz moves going back on stage.

"No, my box has spoken." I slump back in my chair looking at the card in my hand hoping that the words would change or disappear but they don't. The crazy thing about this is that I'm not too bummed about this. In a way I kind of like, like Jade.

"Now I know you and Jade don't get alone but you're just going to have to suck it up." He says pointing to the both of us.

"I don't wanna play her Husband." Jade says sounding kind of pissed off.

"I don't wanna play your wife." I just lied big time. She glares at me and I roll my eyes looking back to Sikowitz.

"I don't care. Now here are your scripts," he says passing them out to the four of us. "Our first rehearsal will be after school." he says before climbing out the window. The bell rings and I try to gather up all my things but my hip is bummed really hard making me hit the chair and fall. I look up and see Jade smirking down at me.

"You should really be careful Vega, you don't wanna get really hurt before the play do you?" she says using that Southern-Bell accent that she thinks is my voice.

"I don't talk like that." I say getting up from the floor. She just rolls her eyes with that smirk on her face and walks out. Why do I like her again? Oh that's right; because I have a thing for bad girls....wait no I only have a thing for one bad girl in that's Jade. I shake my head leaving my thoughts and going to lunch.