Chapter 16

I'm getting to my breaking point. We are almost home but on our way I was so close to pulling over and kicking Max out the car and leaving her. She's been flirting with Jade the whole ride. Every time like now she's flirting with her I would look at her in the review mirror and she's smirking because she know she's pissing me off. I would grit my teeth to keep from snapping at her in front of Jess because I don't wanna say something inappropriate. I don't wanna seem like a hypocrite because I'm always scolding Jade about how to talk around the kids. So I keep my cool.

The thing that's really messed up is that Jess could see that Max is after Jade and she's five. I know because one time I sent a deadly glare at Max for flirting with Jade I saw Jess frowning at her and she mouthed the words 'I don't like her'. When she mouthed those words I got the biggest smile on my face and I noticed Jade giving me a weird look but I don't care because finally someone could see that Max and trying to get Jade. I mouthed the words 'me neither'. She smiled and continues to frown at Max. I would look at Jade every now and then and see she was either looking at her phone or at me looking kind of pissed or sometimes with a questioning look. I would just look back at the road and act like I didn't see the look. I wonder what that look is for?

"God Jade your house is beautiful. Kind of like you." See what I mean I almost crashed into the garaged. Jade just kind of blushed and I saw Jess roll her eyes at how corny that line was.I really hate that she thinks this is all harmless flirting.

"Thanks my parents are stacked." She says getting out the car. I get out car going to get Jess out. "Tori give me the key." Jade says as she stands by Max with her hand out. Ha yeah right I'm going to give her the key so her and Max can go in by themselves. I know Hannah is in there but like I said I don't trust Max. I raise an eyebrow at her looking from her to Max then back. She rolls her eyes and sighs. I know she gets what I'm saying. Once I got Jess out I take her hand we all head toward the house. I feel Jess squeeze my hand making me look down at her and she smiles at me. I love her smile it reminds me of Jade's. Ugh I hate being mad at Jade. I wish Max never came to HA.

"Hey Tori how did it feel being back at school?" Hannah asks once we got in the house with Liz in her arms. I smile when I see her and Liz. Mostly Liz because I missed her even though I see her all the time.

"It could have felt better." I say honestly taking Liz and once I have her in my arms I fell so much better.

"Hey Jess how was school?" She asks Jess.

"It was good." she replies quickly before running into the kitchen. That little girl could really eat.

"Hey Jade how was your day and who is your friend?" Hannah asks nicely. Hannah is like a good mother who greets her kids when they get home from school. That makes me feel better.

"It was good and this is Max." she introduces them and Max holds out her hand to Hannah.

"I love teens that have manners." She says taking her hand and shaking it kind of eagerly. Hannah isn't that old maybe in her early thirties but she acts like she's older.

"Yea she's cool." Here she goes with this cool shit again. I shake my head from the thoughts trying to stay calm and go into the kitchen seeing Jess seating on the counter eating a bag of 'Cheetos'.

"You're going to turn into a big cheeto one day." I joke making her stick a orange tongue out. I scrunch up my face making us both laugh. I look down at Liz and she's smiling too. These two make me feel better even if my day sucks at the moment.

"I will give you a tour of the house later. You want anything to drink?" Jade ask walking into the kitchen with Max going to the fridge.

"Okay and yea do you have any soda?" Max asks standing next to me and looking at Liz. "She is the cutest thing." she says reaching over and stroking her chubby cheek. I tense up a little and she could tell because she gets a smirk on her face.