Chapter 2

"Hey, Syn. It's a really nice surprise to see you here," a female said, sitting down next to me.

I looked at her and frowned, seeing that it was the female that had captured my crush's heart. When I looked forward, a frown appeared on my face, not really wanting to look at the 5'4 female. I knew full well that jealousy would bite me in the butt because Damion had taken a liking to her and wanted me to get along with her. However, I always thought that she was wrong for him because, unlike him, she did not like to get down and play rough... in a wrestling type of sense.

Cillia LeStrange was her name, and she looked like she came out of one of those Victoria Secret magazines that I saw almost every day at the mall. She wore no makeup but a small bit of lip gloss over her lips. Her hair was wavy and shined in the sun, something that my hair didn't do.

Me, well... let's say that I was a different story than Miss Attractive. I had straight, boring, black hair hanging limply to my shoulders. I had gray, almost silver eyes that people were curious and cautious about. I wasn't fat, but I wasn't super skinny either. I had the body of a warrior, a fighter that could hold her own from any fight.

However, I didn't want the body I had, standing at 5'8 with pimples every so often. I wanted to look like Cillia, who had no blemishes, birthmarks, or anything that made her look different.

I had two small birthmarks underneath my right eye and what looked like a moon close to where my hair meets the back of my neck.

"Cillia, I go to all the baseball games," I replied rather coldly. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "I'm surprised that you came over now and not during the second inning."

Cillia looked at me, confused, her eyebrows creasing a little. She pouted her lips and looked at me in confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked. "It is still the second inning."

I stared blankly at her, not really believing that it was still the second inning. I mean, Damion should've been done by now. I had been talking to that female for what seemed like fifteen minutes. I shook my head before glancing at the field to see that Damion was still on bat. I glanced at the billboard, and sure enough, it said that it was the bottom of the second inning.

"Are you sure that you are feeling well?" Cillia asked in fake concern as she tried to touch my forehead. "You're not sick. Are you?"

I scooted away from her, not wanting to answer her because I did not know how to answer her. I watched the pitcher threw the ball at Damion, and I knew that he was concentrating, wanting to get a homer. A few seconds later, I saw the flash of light, making me pale because I knew what I had seen was coming true, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.