Chapter 3

Two cracks resonated across the stadium before Damion fell onto the ground, bleeding and unconscious.

A lot of people gasped and screamed, and I vaguely felt nails digging into my skin. People rushed towards the fallen player, and I could tell that they were trying to see what they could do to help him.

"Oh, my God. Oh my God," I heard Cillia say from what seemed like a tunnel. "What happened? Synthia, he isn't dead. Is he? Syn, is he dead?"

"I-I don't know," I heard myself say, in shock. I shrugged out of her grasp as I picked up my bag. I usually kept this bag on me, which contained my medical supplies. Because I was able to see what was going to happen, I was able to help patients before the medical team had arrived.

Some people laughed that I carried two bags, but they knew who to come to when they needed medical attention. Most of the time, they just needed a band-aid and didn't need to see the nurse. However, if it were something that I thought the nurse needed to check out, then I would send them there.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Cillia asked hysterically. "You should know."

"Where is Syn?" a male yelled out. His voice carried out through the stands and over the noise.

I looked at the field and saw that a big, buff dude was looking at the stands, frowning. I knew that he was looking for me, but he didn't see me right off the bat. "I have to go," I said as I started to walk down the bleachers.

"Wait! Don't leave me here!" Cillia started to grab for me again, but she didn't remember the step. She yelped in surprise as she started to tumble and fall.

I grabbed her as she fell, but the momentum took us both down. I grunted, landing on my left knee wrong. "You shouldn't have done that, Cilla," I said, as I stood, hauling her sorry ass up with me. "You should've just followed me quietly."

"Did you hurt yourself?"

I walked down the steps, pushing past people so that I could get to the field. "Nah, I just have a limp," I replied sarcastically. I made it to the gate, keeping my weight mostly off of my left leg.

A hand grabbed my shoulder, and I knew that it wasn't Cillia. It was too large, and it looked like a male hand.

I tensed and turned around, muttering every curse word I knew, which was a lot, under my breath. I had placed weight on my left leg, and it had almost buckled under me. However, the male tensed his hold on me so that I didn't fall to the ground. I opened my eyes from their clenched state to see a tall male standing over me with a huge grin on his face.

I felt myself start to smile because I knew the 7'0, heavy bear of a man. "Hey, Carter," I said, looking into his small brown eyes, that was hidden behind a mass of red hair and beard.

Carter Williams winked at me, still grinning. "Make way for Syn," he bellowed, sounding like a dying cow.

People skirted away from the fence and Carter, watching him with wide eyes. They always seemed shocked by this big man, even though he had been to many baseball games with me.

I opened the gate and successfully walked without a limp to where Coach Martin was waiting for me. I tried to make it look like I wasn't in pain, even though I was in complete agony. However, I knew that it would be best to look after Damion first before taking care of myself.

Coach Martin stood at 5'6, making me two inches taller than him. He had brown eyes that were sort of large for his face. He had short brown hair with a walrus shaped mustache. "There you are," he said, with a sigh of relief. He took off his cap and rubbed his forehead, grimacing.