Ch.12 Strip Tease

Have you ever fed a fish? I know, it's an odd question but allow me to elaborate. You see, when you feed a fish, the little pellets you throw in their bowl that substitutes as food goes everywhere. Some of it floats, some sinks, some... Well, it's a mystery. Anyways, watching a fish try and eat these said pellets before they 'disappear' is odd. They rush around, trying to stuff their face with as many pellets as possible.

I know this because Aunt Tessa allowed me- on many occasions throughout my childhood- to have only one type of pet; a goldfish. My favorite fish was named Oreo and he was the perfect example of trying to rush around before the food vanished. In actuality, the food never dissolved nor did it dissipate in the water. The food was no longer there simply because the fish ate it.

My point? This is exactly how I felt with all of the questions pooling in my mind. Dozens and dozens of small pellets floating in the waters of my confusion. I reached out to grab all of them, afraid that if I asked the wrong question all of my pellets would dissolve and afraid that if I didn't ask all of my questions I would starve.

Callum crossed his arm over his chest expectingly waiting for me to speak. What did he want from me? I was left dry from using all of my badass tricks. My blade was still pointed at Callum when the patter of footsteps soon revealed Beckett and Sarena.

"What's going on?" Beckett tentatively stepped closer to me while holding one hand out like I was a wild animal. I rolled my eyes at him. Yes, this scene did look a bit tense between Callum and I but I wasn't going to kill him. Beckett's gray-blue eyes were full of concern as they analyzed my every move. "Callum didn't want to drug you but I told him to. I was worried about your safety." His words came out rushed as he stood between me and Callum.

"What?" There was a pang in my chest as my fists clenched in betrayal. "You know what," I dropped the knife to slip it back in my boot. "I don't give a shit anymore. He drugged me, you drugged me, Granny and the Scooby Doo Gang drugged me, it doesn't matter. I want real answers. Not the shitty ones that I get from Sarena." I paused to see a look of guilt cover her face. "See, I know that you're," I pointed at Beckett, " a future Alpha and I know that Callum is a Beta. I know the power you guys hold."

Callum's arms were still crossed in front of his chest as he raised his right brow in amusement. He was getting a kick out of this.

"Belle, I-"

"Don't give her some bullshit answer, Bec. She wants real ones and I think she f*cking deserves them with all the hell we've put her through." I was surprised to see that it was Callum who'd said that.

I mouthed a silent thank you while Beckett began to chew Callum out. Or, at least, he was trying to. A smile tugged at Callum's lips as his green eyes focused on mine. I was suspicious and wary of Callum. At times, it seemed like he was on my side. "Shut up a sec, Beckett." Callum held out a finger to Beckett, effectively silencing him. "Are you prepared for the answers you're gonna get?"

I realized that he was asking me the question. My eyes searched his green ones. I wanted to trust Callum and he was the only one willing to give me what I wanted. "Yes." So, I took a leap of faith.

A wolfish grin spread across his face. "Alright, then." He walked towards me and grabbed my hand pulling me ever-so-lightly to the empty space surrounding his home. I followed, regretting every decision I had ever made in my entire life. "Stay right here. Don't move." The last part was a bit stern as he backed away a few feet. He began to strip his shorts and t-shirt with a flirtatious smile as my palms became sweaty. "Don't worry, Princess. This isn't a strip tease." Callum winked.

"What do you think you're doing, Callum?" Beckett shouted from several yards away.

"I'm giving Belle the answers she wants!" With that, Callum looked at me one last time. "Don't look away, Princess. Keep your eyes on mine." I was in a state of utter shock. What exactly was he going to do? And then, it all clicked. He was going to shift. I tried to turn away but my hand was caught in a warm, calloused one. "Eyes on me." He whispered and then I heard it.