~Chapter 4: Basketball~

Edited!

----------------------------

I practically jumped out of my chair when the bell rang for lunch. I found Iza in the hallway and we headed for the cafeteria. "Is the school lunch good here?" I asked when we got into the line.

"Let's just say they are eatable," Iza said which made us both laugh. "Oh, and you will be meeting my friends Amy and Bret. They are pretty friendly and open to new people."

"Okay," I said. At least that's more people I can go to if I want to get away if I ever get away.

Once we get our food we head to a table where I see a girl and boy sitting. I'm assuming that Amy and Bret. "Hey guys," Iza said in a friendly voice as we seat our trays down.

"Hey Iza, so who is this?" The girl sitting at the table asked.

"This is Lena, she's new," Iza says. She then looks at me. "Lena, this is Amy and Bret. They've been dating since freshman year." Amy's face turned pink.

"You just love to tell people that don't you Iza," Bret said.

Iza rolled her eyes. "Yes, I do and don't you forget it! I mean I know I can never let a relationship last that long. I've got to keep my options open you know." This time we all rolled our eyes. I'm happy for Amy and Bret. I know that I can't ever have that type of relationship. No one wants damaged goods anyway.

The rest of lunch we talked about all kinds of things from gossip to boys. I tried my best to keep myself out of the whole topic of boys because after what I've been through for the past two months. I can't trust any boy or man for that matter. I've been deceived too many times to let that trust go towards any male for a long time.

Also during lunch, I found out Amy and I have PE together which is a plus because I am not good at sports of any kind. I'm also glad because Mack isn't in that class. He is in all of my other classes it seems like and I have a feeling my father did that on purpose so that Mack can keep an eye on me.

Some of the other students noticed as well and I think that they think he is in my classes so that I don't have a mental breakdown or something because of what happened to her.

After lunch, Amy and I left Bret and Iza to go to gym. I figured it was going to be on the other side of the school but the trip there only took about a minute or so. "Okay," Amy said as we walked into the gym. "So this gym class is with boys and girls." I looked at her confused. Aren't all gym classes co-ed? I thought but didn't question. "The boys usually stay on one side of the gym and girls on the other but since we are doing basketball this week boys and girls will be on mixed teams."

"Anyone I should watch out for in this class?" I asked. I don't want to make any more enemies at this school.

"Zach Holt." Was all she said. I shivered at the thought. Great! Not only is Mack in most of my classes but Zach is also in most of them as well!

I groaned. "Great. Why him of all people? He hat's my guts ever since I ran into him this morning." I told her.

Amy looked at me surprised. "That was you!" She said. "Rock on girl! No one likes to stand up to him, they are all afraid of him." I didn't say anything. My mind was running a million miles a minute trying to comprehend everything that's happening.

"He's in almost all of my classes," I complained. Amy put a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"Lena Mercer, I'd watch out if I were you. You think him just being in your classes is bad but there are so much more bad things that could happen." After that statement, Amy walked further into the gym without another word.