Chapter 25: The Trial

I knew what day it was as soon as my eyes blinked open. The day of the trial against Mack and my father. I just want them both out of my lives for good, after everything they've done to me, the deserve what's coming to them.

As I got up and got dressed I realized I didn't even want to go to the stupid trial. I'd have to talk, in front of everyone about what happened to me, the boys, Amy and Iza were speaking too, so I wasn't alone, but that didn't mean I wanted to do it any more than anyone else.

I put on a long sleeved shirt with jeans and my ratty black converse. Iza came to me and looked me dead in the eye. "Are you comfortable to be witnessing?"

I slightly nodded my head, even though inside every bone and organ in my body was screaming no. "It's going to be okay Lena, we will get your brother and father behind bars. All of us will be there with you, supporting you every step of the way."

"Thanks, Iza," I said and gave her a hug. She is really the bestest friend I could ever have, she truly cares for me, more than some people in my life.

"Come on, let's go, or we will be late." She said taking my hand and we walked to her mom's car together. "I think I'd rather be late," I said. Iza then looked at me. "I think we all would, but this has to be done. They can't hurt you anymore, Lena."

No, they can't, but someone else can.

We finally end up at the courthouse, it was located on main street where anyone and everyone could get to it if needed, like me. We quickly got out of the car, much to my dismay, but Iza's mom couldn't get off work to be there for us.

Iza entered the courtroom first, I went right after. There was already a lot of people in there, my family from Stormy Brooks came done for this as well. Even my grandparents; my dad's parents, the ones Zach and I went to when we went to Stormy Brooks that 1 time.

Grandma looked like she wanted to burst into tears while Grandpa comforted her the best he could. Their only son and their grandson was being put on trial for kidnapping and abuse to their granddaughter. It's something no ever wants to see.

The judge hit the gavel on the table. "Order in the court." Everyone took their seats. "Now we are on the case Brian and Mack Mercer vs Lena Mercer, Izabella James, and Amy Bennett."

As he began talking about what we can and can not say and we all swear on the Bible that we will say nothing but the truth.

"Brian Mercer repeat after me; I swear by Almighty God that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." The judge, whose name is Judge Dixson said to my dad, who repeated what he said.

As soon as all of us had placed our hands on the Bible and sworn that we would say the truth and nothing else the trial officially began.

"Lena Mercer, as the daughter and brother of these two and a victim in this crime you will speak your side of what happened first." Then and there I got nervous and couldn't move. I knew it was going to happen, but I never thought I'd be the first to speak.

As I started getting up to walk over to the stand, Iza grabbed my shoulder and put me back down in my seat. "Your Honor, may I go first please, I think it would make Lena more comfortable if someone else went first." She said as if she has been the court before, wait, has she?

"I'll allow it." He said and hit his gavel on the table. Iza went up there to explain what she remembered and what they had done to her. Amy did the exact same thing and then it was my turn, again. Tears trickled down my face as the memories start to come back in my mind. Ones I never wanted to remember.

As I sat down in the stand the judge was about the speak, but before he could even ask me a question I was out of the courtroom as fast as I could. I stopped at the stairs that led into the streets.

I wanted to fall down and give up. I sat there with my face buried in my knees. "Lena, sweetie" I heard Diana's voice from behind. They followed me? Why, I have been nothing but mean to them, ignoring Zach and not answering when Diana calls because she is worried about me.

Diana pulled me into a side hug, running her hand down my back, trying to comfort me. "Shh, it's going to be okay Lena, you will get through this."

"No. No, I won't, it's too much pressure on me! I can't speak about my father and brother about the awful things that did to me over the past few months, things I shouldn't have ever been introduced to, things that shouldn't have ever happened!" I cried out.

I cried for what it felt like forever but really was 20 minutes. "You have to go back into the court sweetie. They need your statement." Diana said as she rubbed circles on my back calmingly.

"I know," I said. We both got up and all three of us, Zach didn't say a word, not like I expected him to anyway, and we all went back into the court.

As I approached the stand once more to give my statement about what happened, Judge Dixson stopped me. "You don't have to say your statement, Miss. Mercer, your friend Iza had said some things that she knew on your behalf. With evidence from the hospital records and everything else we have heard today."

"I sentence Brian Mercer 25 years of prison, with Mack Mercer, since he is 18 he is considered an adult, will have 20 to 25 years of prison depending on behavior while in there." Judge Dixson said.

He hit his gavel on the table. "Case closed, you are all dismissed." He said before getting up to leave. I wanted to scream for joy. "We did it," Iza said coming up to us. I crushed her into a hug. "We did it!"

We, all us girls, began to jump in a circle. "We did it!" We shouted while the boys laughed at us and our excitement.

Little did I know, Luke was there in the streets when I ran out. Little did I know Luke knew about the whole thing, what had happened. Little did I know it would come back to bit me in the butt.

The bad times aren't over yet, I knew that much with Luke hanging around. It will just get much worse than it already was.

Much worse.

- - - E N D   O F  C H A P T E R   2 5 - - -

Okay, guys so this is chapter 25 and I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. So currently I'm in the path of Hurricane Irma so I don't know what could happen neither do the weather people to my perspective but um, just pray that my family is safe and others that are going to be affected pray for them as well. I don't know if the power will go out, it should be here around Mondayish, but I'm not sure. 

Once again Please pray for my family and everyone else who is being effected.

Thanks.

Next update(Hopefully): September 15, 2017