Chapter 30: Video Calls & Farewells

After our little moment, I called everyone. By everyone I mean, Amy, Iza, Bret, Alex, and Quinn. They helped rescue me and I've got a hunch they will help rescue Diana as well. "Why did you tell them why we needed them?" Zach asked a little confused. "Because it is too much to explain over the phone." I told him. "Plus, I kind of want to see their faces when we tell them."

Zach nodded his head when the doorbell rang. He went to open the door and there stood Iza and Amy. They both looked at me with concern showing in their eyes. "What is going on, Lena?" Amy asked as she and Iza walked into the room.

"You'll just have to wait until everyone else comes." I told her. "I don't want to repeat myself more than once. Plus how did you guys get here so quickly?" I asked a little confused.

"Oh," Iza began. "We were walking together when you called me." She explained. "Ah, okay." I answered. Everyone else better hurry up soon, all this information is inside me, waiting to be let out.

Soon enough, the others came to Zach's house. Took around an hour but everyone is here. "Okay, so what's up?" Alex asked. Zach stood up and began to explain everything.

"My mother was kidnapped by my father and his gang, the Red Phoenix. You all know that guy Luke right, the one hanging around Lena?" Zach started. There was a few head nods and a couple of yeses.

"Well, he is part of the gang as well. He will stop at nothing to keep Lena to himself, threatening my mom for some reason was part of their plan. We did figure out it was my dad until an hour ago." Zach said stopping.

Quinn spoke up. "So what do we need to do?"

I looked at them all in the eyes as I spoke. "We need a plan. Not just some suicide mission, but an actual plan that will get Zach's mother out safely and out of harm's way. Any ideas?"

"Can you get into the Red Phoenix to see what their doing?" Quinn asked me. "No, not without Luke there. No Luke, not enterance. They probably wouldn't let me within 50 feet of the place much less inside."

I glanced over at Zach and saw he looked a little pissed off. I guess when I mentioned Luke he wasn't happy about that. He doesn't like the fact that I spent my time with that idiot rather than him.

We all tried to come up with some idea, but every idea that was hitched was soon enough non existent within mentioning it. Every plan we tried ended up with someone hurt or worse, killed.

I heard a ding from someone's phone we all shot up, worried of who it could be. It turned out to be my phone. I saw that it was a video chat request from Luke. What does he want?

"Accept it, we need to see what they are up to." Alex spoke up. I hit the green check mark and soon enough all seven of us were surrounding around to see the video.

Luke's face popped up, but so did Diana's. She was tied up in a chair with something in her mouth to keep her from talking. "Ah, so the scooby gang is all here. Great!" Luke said clapping his hands.

"What do you want Luke?" Zach said crossing his arms over his chest, clearly pissed at what they have done to Diana. "Oh, it's not me who wants to see you." then he walked off of the screen and soon Marcus's face replaced his.

"Son, how wonderful it is to see you." He said directly to Zach. "Cut the shit dad. What do you want dad?" Zach asked. "Yes, well might as well get to the point." Marcus said.

Marcus walked over to Diana's chair, placing a hand on the back of the chair. "Zach if you are going to want your mother back, unharmed of course, then you're going to have to do exactly what I say."

"What will I have to do?" Zach asked as if Marcus was going to play him. "You." Marcus said pointing directly at him, well I assume he was pointing to me at least.

"Will leave this place, leave this town and everyone in it. You are to forget this place ever existed and especially everyone in it. You are also never return here, no matter how much you may miss you friends here." Marcus said. Okay, now I was beyond pissed.

I couldn't leave even if I wanted to, because even if I did I know everyone in this room would follow me. They wouldn't let me leave like this.

"Then and only then will I release your mother, Zach." Marcus finished. The video chat ended after he finished speaking. Everyone was either looking at me or Zach. No one knew what to say, or what to do.

I had to say something, anything to get their attention. "I'll go." I said as simple as possible. I sat down on the couch. "I'll go," I repeated. "If that's what it takes for Diana to be back home and safe then I'll go."

This knocked everyone out of their trance. "No, absolutely not. You're not leaving us Lena!" Iza said to me, I could see tears in her eyes and hear the sadness in her voice.

"Yes, if it will keep all of you safe then I will leave." I said again, rephrasing my words a little. I meant was I said and I plan on it carrying out. Zach's words caught my attention, a little bit.

"You can just hop up and leave, Lena. Not for my mother's sake or even my sake!"

I felt tears stream down my face as I began to speak. "I have to okay! The damage I've caused here is enough to last a lifetime! You, none of you, need me in your lives. I've learned to accept that over the past few months and I think it's time you guys do too."

With that last statement I turned and walked out the door, not looking back. If this is the only way I can keep them safe than it's worth it.

I felt their gazes on me as I walked, none of them came after me. Good. "It'll be better if I'm gone, no one can get hurt in the process." I said as I walked down the sidewalk. Maybe I'll go back to Stormy Brooks. At least the people there I won't be hurting.

No one will be hurt.