Chapter 28: A Kidnapping & A Kiss

Luke has been taking me to the Red Phoenix more and more, and I don't know why. Is it because he wants me alone? Is it because he wants me to stay away from Zach and my other friends? I don't know. I feel as if I'm out of the loop, not sure what's going on, but that I know that something is going on.

Marcus seems to talk to me a lot more than he used to, but then again this is Zach's father so I can expect that much. Father like son I'd say. They are very similar, but all in the same very different. It seems all of those Holt men have that look that make girls fall for them even though they live a dangerous life.

I want to know what Marcus wants and why does he need me to do it? I was just glad today I didn't have to see Luke or anyone at the Red Phoenix because I wasn't going, thank God on that. I was tired of those people, and I bet they were glad to get rid of me too.

As I lay in the spare bed in Iza's house I think of all the things that have happened to me since I've moved here. A lot that's what. As I think I get a call from Zach. "Why on earth is he calling me?" I said a loud unaware that Iza was listening until she popped into the room. "Because he likes you duh. He is worried about you, all of us are Lena."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, well, I just need a break for a little bit." I told her.

She put her hand on her hips. "Girl, you've been ignoring him for like a month now, especially since the trial. Can't you see he misses you? He wouldn't be calling you if he didn't care." She was gone after that.

When my phone stopped ringing I saw that he left me a voicemail, so I check it. His voice filled the silence of the room.

"Lena, I'm super sorry! Look you can forgive me or not, whatever, but I seriously need you help right now! Please call back as quick as possible. I'm freaking out over here!"

I didn't know what to do after that for a moment. "Why would he call me? I mean what could possible be the problem that he called me? I've been ignoring his calls for weeks now."

I ended up calling him back. It takes a few moments before he picks up. "Lena? Thank God you called back. Listen, I need you help." He says. I can hear the worriness in his voice. "What happened Zach?" I asked as calmly as possible.

"I can't tell you over the phone, come to my house now." He hung up on me!

"What the hell Zach! You say you've got tell me something, but you hang up on me and now I have to go to your house to find out what it is! Like Seriously!" I said throwing my hands in the air. Iza came back into the room.

"Go girl, you need to talk to him and vice versa. Go!" She said. I listened to what she said and I went to Zach's house, unexpected of what he was going to tell me, but I could tell it wasn't going to be good.

When I knock on his door he immediately answers. "Good you're here." He said and ushered me in pretty quickly. "Notice anyone missing?" He asked gesturing around the house in a calm voice. No was is he calm. "Yeah your mom. Where is she?" I asked him curiously.

"She is gone, Lena. Gone." Zach said throwing his hands in the air panicking. He back to pace back and forth in front of me, which ended up giving me a headache. "What do you mean she is gone, Zach? She didn't go out to the store or something like that?" I asked him as he panicked. I began to worry too. I have grown close to Diana and Zach, excusing recent events.

He looked me dead in the eye and responded. "No, because her phone and her wallet are still here, she wouldn't leave without them. I know that." I began to panick myself.

"What! Where could she have gone? Who could have done this....." I began to ramble on useless questions, firing them as they came to me. By the end I had tears streaming down my face. Before I knew it I felt a sharp sting on my cheek.

He did not just do that! Doesn't he know what I've been through? Doesn't he know what that monster did to me and he hits me like that!

I turned and glared at him. A glare that could send anyone down under. "What. The. Hell. Zach! Why the hell did you do that!" I screamed at him. He looked at me and I saw concern and guilt flash in his eyes.

"Lena, I'm so sorry I had done that, but I had to get you to stop muttering useless non-sense so we can come up with a plan!" He said back to me. I can tell he was sorry for what he had done, but that gives him no right to hit me like he just did!

"That doesn't give you the right to hit me!"

Zach throw his hands in the air. "I know that it doesn't give me the right to hit you, but we both need to calm down so we can think of a plan to get my mom back!" I was still glaring at him as I responded. "Then stop hitting me, maybe that will help!" I snapped.

He looked at me for a moment before responding. "Would you have rather me do this?" He began to comes towards me, like he was determined to get something, but what? His hands were on the side of my face and before I could react his lips were on mine.

As soon as our lips touched, sparks flew and fireworks went off. I felt as if I was being protected and that in the moment we were the only two people in the world. A black space emptiness, only with us in it. It tasted of mint and chocolate in one delicious treat. When he pulled away, I pulled away. I wasn't sure how long the kiss lasted, but I knew that it lasted awhile.

He looked at me and whispered with a smirk on his face. "Was that a better way to shut you up?" I smiled at him. That had to be the best kiss in my entire life, the ones I received anyway.

"Yes."