~Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Remember~

Edited!

---------------------------

I lay on my bed replaying the recent events in my head. A small smile made its way onto my face while I thought about how I was out of Mack's and our father's grasp for a few days. I knew it wouldn't last long and I also knew that they'd be keeping an eye on me. My question is how are they able to do that?

While my thoughts ran through my head I heard a ding from my phone. I reached over and grabbed it to see I had several missed calls and texts messages from Amy and Iza. The most recent message was from Iza that said: If I didn't answer within the next twenty-four hours she would come to find me and demand to know who put me in the hospital so she can kill them. I laughed at her statement. I can count on Iza to make a terrible situation into a funny one; even if I've only known her for only a few days.

"What are you laughing at, princess?" His voice caused me to jump a little in the bed and my heart rate speed up fast out of fear. I sit up in my bed slowly to see Zach leaning against the door frame of my room with his arms crossed.

I put a hand on my chest and let out a shaky breath of relief. It's not Mack so that's all that matters right now. I thought. I got up out of my bed and walked so that I was standing in front of him with a few feet separating us. "Nothing you need to worry about." I finally spoke after a few seconds of trying to find my voice.

"Really?" He said quirking an eyebrow up with a smirk. "You sure?"

I glared at him. "Yes, I'm one-hundred percent sure," I told him. We stood there for a few seconds just looking at one another. Zach soon pushed off the wall and started to come towards me like a predator stalking its prey. "W-What are you doing?" I asked getting timider as he approached. Every step he came towards me I took two steps back until my legs hit the back of my bed causing me to fall onto the soft mattress. My eyes were wide with fear. He wouldn't hurt me, right?

I shut my eyes and gripped the bedsheets. I felt the color drain from my face, and I knew I looked at white as a ghost. "What are you doing?" Zach's voice questioned. I hadn't noticed he had stopped walking towards me.

I opened my eyes and found green eyes staring into my brown ones. I felt my face heat up, but I didn't look away. I didn't know what to say so I just repeated his question back at him. "What are you doing?"

Zach looked at me more confused than he did before. He cocked his head to the side with a puzzled expression on his face. "I asked you first." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

Finally gaining my composure of the whole situation I stood up. We were only a foot apart from one another. I could feel his breath fan on my face. "I technically asked you first," I told him. "You know, when you were stalking me like a predator does a prey and I kept backing up."

The room was silent for a few minutes and when Zach opened his mouth to speak, Diana walked into the room looking tired as ever. "What are you two still doing up? It's late." She said. I guess between our arguing we didn't hear her car pull up in the driveway.

"Nothing mom," Zach said, his eyes never left mine and he had a smirk on his face. "We were just talking is all."

"Well hurry up and get to bed. Especially you Lena. You need all the rest you can get after the events of today." With a final nod, she left the room and walked down the hallway to her room.

Once Diana left the room and I broke the gaze with Zach and forced my eyes on the floor. "This is over for now, but I will eventually get an answer as to why you are like this," Zach said. I didn't say anything and when I heard his footsteps leave the room and the door close, I let out a breath of relief.