Chapter 2 The Odd Male

Sherlock's POV

I paced the formal room, unable to do anything, because Lestrade hasn't called for a case yet and I heard something strange. I looked out the window to see a moving truck in front of the flat. "Mrs. Hudson! What's this truck doing outside?" I heard her run up the stairs and open the door.

"You've got a new neighbor, Sherlock. He's quite the gentleman." I turned to her.

"What's this gentleman's name?" She tapped her index finger on her chin.

"I can't seem to remember, but he took the flat below you and the truck is full of his things." John came out of the kitchen and looked out the other window.

"A gentleman you say?" I smiled a little at John's sarcasm. "More like a show off." I looked out the window again and saw him carrying a coffee table inside.

"I wouldn't bother him Sherlock. He said that he had far much work to do and I'd rather him to get settled first before you start with your deductions." I heard her huff and leave. I looked at him carefully as he walked out again. He wore a black turtleneck, black gloves and burgundy jeans. I found his attire quite interesting for the season. His posture was, hard to place, his hair was jet black, obviously dyed, (but from what color?) and his eyes, from what I could see, were hazel, but had another color in them. I frowned and entered my mind palace. So peculiar.

Nakida's POV

I finally hauled my couch into the formal room and fell on top of it. "That was exhausting... Note to self, always pay for movers. They'll make your life a whole lot easier." I sat up and went up the stairs to my bedroom to take a quick shower.

After I got out I put on black jeans, another black turtleneck, black gloves, combat boots, and my dark green trench coat. "Time to give Lestrade a call." I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. It rang a few times before he actually picked up.

"Detective Inspector Lestrade."

"I need the address to Scotland Yard."

"Um. I'm actually not at Scotland Yard right now, I'm on a case and I need you here."

"Tell me where and I'll get to you as fast as I can." He told me the address, we said our farewells, and I got a cab to the scene.

As soon as I stepped out of the cab, Lestrade was already greeting me. "Sonya, it's great to meet you in person." I smiled a little.

"Likewise." He ushered me to the scene and I could tell automatically that this whole case was going to be a weird one. "So,?"

"Lestrade. You called me?" I looked to the left to see, Sherlock and John approaching.

"Ah, yes, meet our new recruit, Dr. Nakida Sonya."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Dr. John Watson," I shook John's hand and then turned to Sherlock. "and Mr. Sherlock Holmes." I shook his as well.

"How do you know our names?" John asked and I just shrugged. I then turn to look at Sherlock who was starring at me intensely.

"What have you deducted from me, Mr. Holmes?" He looked a little surprised and my question. "I may or may not have read John's blog when I was taking a break." I gave him a short smile and then stood with my hands behind my back. I didn't even notice Lestrade leave. Sherlock took a deep breath and started his deduction.

"Your hair is dyed black from a dark brown, why, because you don't like your original hair color, your stance is forced, like your nervous, first day in the Force, no. You've been in the position for about two years, so that shows that your nervous about embarrassing yourself. Your clothes suggest that you tend to get cold too easily and your trench coat is a bit too big for you, you like to grow into your clothing. You're 29 years old and 5'10". You have a sister or lover perhaps, considering the perfume." He let out a sigh and I just smile.