Chapter 9 The Court and Sherlock

Once I get to the office, I realise that I forgot to shave and I just looked like a disheveled mess. "Shit..." I quickly head to the bathroom and try to at least look presentable.

Once I feel that I look nice enough, I head to Lestrade's office. I knock on the door. "Come in." I open the door and close it behind me.

"Sir, I am terribly sorry for being late. It won't happen again." I say quickly. He chuckles and kicks his feet up on the desk. "My, brother, didn't wake me up when you called and I'm quite sure he woke up to my alarm, which I didn't hear because I slept on the sofa."

"It's fine. He told me that you were having quite a dream and that you had a row with Sherlock. I don't blame you. That man is quite the party." Before he could say anymore, Donnavan burst through the door.

"Sir, there's been a break in!"

"Not our Division." We both said in unison.

"You'll want it." We both looked at each other and quickly started leaving. Once we were on the road Donnavan got another call.

"Hacked into the Tower of bloody London security?! How?!" I held onto the seat tightly as we sped down the road. "Tell them we're already on our way."

"There's been another one! Another break in!" She paused and they exchanged a look of surprise. "Bank of England!"

"Lestrade! Step on it!" Another call.

"Where is it now?"

"Pentonville Prison!" I groan.

"Oh no..." Once we arrive, we all rush into the building just to find a man sitting on the throne wearing the crown jewels. My eyes widen.

"No rush."

~Time Skip~

I lean up against the wall and sigh in frustration. Lestrade had called Sherlock and Watson in, so I was just sitting there, completely lost.

"That glass is tougher than anything."

"Not tougher than crystallized carbon. He used a diamond." I perked up at hearing my birthstone. I frowned and looked at the screen. The words, GET SHERLOCK, were written in marker on the glass.

"So he knew..." I muttered.

~Another Time Skip! Surprise!~

It seemed as though time itself was slowing down and it felt like months before this day came, but it was only a few days. I was sitting in my room, messing with the cuffs on my sleeves, a little upset that I couldn't wear my turtleneck to the courtroom. It had to be strictly professional dress only, so here I was, dressed in a nice black suit jacket, a white dress shirt, black slacks, and black dress shoes. I sigh and head out to the living room where both Aiden and Jasmine are, enjoying tea. Jasmine was discharged from the hospital just only yesterday night, and she seems to be doing pretty well.

"I've... I've got to go. See you guys in a few hours..." Aiden looked up and a look of surprise flashed onto his face.

"You look different without your turtleneck and you sound nervous." I frown and start picking at the couch.

"Thanks." I say sarcastically. "I still have anxiety, you know." I turned around to leave.

"Have fun." Jasmine called out. I just shook my head and left for the court.

Once I had arrived, they were almost about to start and Sherlock was nowhere to be seen. I just shook my head, it's just probably the press trying to get info out of him. I was pulled from my thoughts when John tapped me on the shoulder. I turn to him and smile a little. "Hello John." I made it a point to talk as little as possible, seeing as though I don't have an Adams apple, it'd make people a little suspicious, but I knew John isn't as observant as others.