Chapter 6 Why?

I grumble as they lead me to my holding cell. I was arrested for speeding and reckless driving. They also assumed I was drunk, but I obviously wasn't, considering I just pulled a bullet from somebody's side.

As soon as they opened the door I went and lied down in the bed. I was more that exhausted both emotionally and mentally. It was just hard to deal with everything that just happened. Sherlock kissed me, and Jasmine got shot all in the same day.

It was only about half an hour before Lestrade appeared. "Lestrade, let me explain before you fire me." His face showed confusion.

"Fire you? Why would I do that?" I just frown at him.

"The only reason why I was driving like that was because I got a call from my brother in law, stating that my sister was shot. I got there as fast as I could and I performed an emergency procedure. You see, I was saving someone's life, not being drunk and deciding to ride around on a whim." I finished and he just stepped aside and motioned for me to exit the cell. I quickly stood up and walked out.

"They'll be putting you on probation. Your vehicle will be confiscated until your probation is over. This is the only warning they are giving you, because you're a foreigner." I roll my eyes.

"I'm technically not a foreigner because I have a British motorcycle license and I also have an ID." I grab my things from the counter and follow Lestrade out of the building, where Sherlock was waiting. "Therefore, I am a English citizen." He turns around to face me.

"You gave up your American citizenship that easily?" I shrug.

"I can't be bothered with that country anymore. It's stupid anyway. Everyone is either morbidly obese or anorexic and I can't deal with all the political drama about the damn president. When I turned 18 I didn't even vote because I didn't care." I crossed my arms. "So, to answer your question, yes. Yes I did because I didn't believe in the country's success." I walked past him and towards Sherlock. "Let's go home."

~Time Skip~

As soon as we got back, I went to my flat, grabbed some icing out of the cabinet, along with a spoon, angrily sat on my couch and began eating. Sherlock followed me in slowly and just sat across from me.

"Stress eating?" I finish the icing in my mouth before speaking.

"Not quite." I take another spoonful and shove it into my mouth.

"You think eating buttercream frosting straight out of the container isn't stress eating?" I shook my head. "You're acting like a teenage girl who got dumped." I frowned and looked up at him.

"I can't ride David." He raised an eyebrow.

"David? Wait, did you seriously name your vehicle?" I nod and continue eating. "You people are so revolved around sentiment..."

"You're pretty sentimental around your parents, or I would assume." He scoffed.

"Absolutely not! Who do you think I am?" I shrugged. "What about you? Are you sentimental around your parents?" My face was then drained of any emotion. I put my spoon down and looked up at him with absolute rage.

"My parents don't exist." I set the frosting on the end table and stood up. "They never have." I walked to my bedroom and Sherlock followed.

"What do you mean the don't exist?"

"It's none of your business."

"Are you an orphan?" I chuckle darkly and pull out a practice sword from my closet.

"I have one question for you. Do you know of the Jones case?"

"The what?" I grip the sword tightly.

"The missing person case in America. I would assume you would know."

"What are you saying?" I spin around to face him.

"Let me tell you a little story. There was a girl named Claudia and she had a YouTube channel that was very well known but was still small. One day, she confronted me, her childhood friend, and told me to take over the channel. More like, she told me to come by her house on a Tuesday evening, and she left a note on her computer screen explaining what she gave me. I would act as a brother to her twin and a brother to her sister's fiance. They never had a brother, so I was much obliged. That was the last time I spoke to her, and she was gone. No where to be found and the case is still ongoing because they haven't found her body. Even I don't know where she went and she told me everything." I tapped the blade on the ground. "Can you solve it, Mr. Holmes?" He looked bewildered.

"What do you mean, can I solve it? Why are you telling me this?" I frown and walk up to him.

"You are the world's only consulting detective, are you not?" He nodded. "Then I would trust you to figure out what happened to my friend." I turn around and swing the sword at my bed.  "Now, if you could excuse me. I need to brutally attack my bed to release my anger at the world."

"Punch me in the face." I spin around and look at him in confusion.

"What?"

"I said punch me in the face." I frown.

"What?! No! I don't take out my anger on other people anymore." He sighed and punched me in the face. "Okay, you asked for it." I reel back my arm and punch him straight in the nose.

He stumbled back and held his nose. I looked at the ground to see red dots and I looked back up at him to see his nose gushing out blood. My eyes widened and in a few seconds I was already fussing over him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Do you feel better?" I moved his hands out of the way.

"Dear god no! I feel worse for punching you!" He tried to push me away, but I refused. "Let me see it." He groaned and put his hands down. I look at his nose for a little bit, but then my eyes traveled to his cheekbones and then to his eyes. "I-It's not broken, thankfully."

"Thankfully?"

"Oh, well, I don't know how to treat broken noses." I looked down at the ground and I could feel my face slowly turning red.

"She's still alive. Possibly on an island somewhere unknown." I look up.

"What?"

"Your friend." I take a step back.

"Oh, yeah, right. She's, okay. Hopefully."