Chapter 8 ☾The Nuclear Killer

Marguerite had asked Anna to go outside and burn the bullet and pincers with her blood on it and then bury it far from the house so the radiation would infect anyone. Once that was done, Anna went back to the house. Marguerite brought her back to the room and had water and something to eat ready for her.

"Get all the rest you need" Marguerite said with a smile and made her way towards the door.

"Wait" Anna said.

Marguerite turned around.

"Why did you help me, I mean, with what I am and all?" Anna asked

Marguerite took a breath and walked towards Anna still with that soft smile on her face.

"I'm guessing most people are afraid of you. When my husband brought you in the first thing I noticed where you glowing eyes, I knew you were different in a way" Marguerite said "you see, I may be old but I'm not afraid of challenges"

Anna smiled and Marguerite let out a small laugh "I know your different, and from the looks of it, these powers or whatever you call it of yours are new to you and what you have is dangerous but you seem to be controlling it okay." Marguerite continued

"How are you so calm about this?" Anna wondered

"There are other people like you, my son was one of them. We didn't know it at first but we ended up figuring it out. After this accident, Will, our son, started to complain about these voices, said he kept on hearing them in his head. At first we thought it was caused by the accident and he was hallucinating but he wasn't. Turned out Will had this sort of superhuman hearing, he was able to hear conversations for miles away. But that wasn't all, when he would have nightmares or episodes, he would cause the ground to shake, he had these powers. But this was all to much for Will, he wasn't able to control it and couldn't take it anymore and well, it lead him to kill himself" Marguerite explained

No one spoke anymore, the tension grew bigger every second. Anna could see the pain in Marguerite's eyes.

"Learn to control your powers." She said "now, get some rest"

Marguerite tried to give Anna one last smile but there was more sadness then happiness in it. These were good people, Anna almost forgot about the reason she was in New York in the first place. She had also forgotten how some people could be nice in this world. Anna was now alone in the room, she felt safe here and could finally sleep. In just a short amount of time, how can one person go through so much.

Anna woke up the next morning at around 8:30. She got out of bed and took a look at her shoulder, it seemed to be much better. She saw on the bed there was a clean shirt and a pair of pants. She got changed into them and noticed it fit her to big. The pants where to long and the shirt was large, they seemed to be boys clothes. That's when Anna realised that this must have been Marguerites dead son Will's clothes. She rolled up the pants and tucked the shirt inside. She then walked out of the room and into the kitchen where Marguerite and her husband Toby sat eating breakfast.

"Good Morning Anna" Toby said "Marguerite made some eggs would you like some?" He asked

Anna smiled and nodded. She went to sit at the table and Marguerite gave her a plate of scrabbled eggs. Anna ate it in half a second, she was starving. Toby smiled at Anna.

"Toby's going down to New York, he told me that's where you were headed" Marguerite said

"Yes" Anna answered

"Do you know anyone who lives there" Marguerite then asked

"Uh, yes, my aunt" Anna lied

Marguerite smiled "Alright so we better get going" Toby said.

Toby and Anna got up from the table and made their way to the door. Anna's bag was still in the car so she didn't need anything. Toby took his jacket and kissed his wife before leaving. They made their way to the pickup truck and got inside. Anna looked out the window has they got closer and closer to the city, it was pretty amazing.

"Where is it you need me to drop you off?" Toby asked

"Is there a coffee shop or something you can leave me at?" Anna said

Toby made his way towards downtown Manhattan, it was amazing, like nothing Anna's never seen before, she looked up at all the tall buildings and one in particular caught her eye. It was very big and had a giant A attached to it. Toby stopped the car, "Here we are" Toby said

"Thank you" Anna answered. She grabbed her bag and got out of the truck

"Be safe okay" Toby added

Anna smiled at him and he took off. Anna turned around and was standing in front of a coffee shop. She walked inside, it was pretty big. There were some computers on the side that people where using. Anna walked over to the counter.

"I'll take a caramel hot chocolate" Anna said.

The lady who worked there took down her order. She waited for about two minutes and her order was ready. Anna payed and went to sit down where those computers where. She sat in front of one and looked up Tony Stark, she wanted to get the most information has possible.

Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark is an eccentric self-described genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist and the former head of Stark Industries

Said one article about him. All it talked about was the things he accomplished and how he made all that money. Anna wanted to find something else, something more personal. She found out that Stark stayed at that huge tower with the A on it that was called the Avengers tower, she had also found out that his parents were dead. The man who killed her Mother had a dead mother too. She oddly didn't feel any empathy for him at all. Has she scrolled down the web page, she saw a publicity on the side, it was something form the news. Curious, Anna clicked on it, it was a news article about a killing in Arizona.

Three days ago, a young boy was found dead in a drug store in Arizona. Said the article, the authorities still aren't sure how this happened, after test, it was confirmed the dead boy was infected with a large amount of radiation and that that was the cause of his death. We are still trying to fire out how this happened and it seems like this isn't the only time this has happened. A day ago, a van with three dead bodies have been found outside of New York City, it was confirmed to have been a murder. The three men had bullet holes in them and two of them were infected with radiation has well. Everyone is wondering if these deaths are all connected to the same person, no trace of this person had been found yet but the authorities did find this glowing neon blue substance at the scene of the murder near New York City. They still haven't been able to figure out what it was. Authorities are saying the they will find this Nuclear killer and try to figure out where this radiation was coming from...