Chapter 5 - Prepared.

She stood before the mirror, lights dim and curtains closed. On the bed behind her each weapon laid out ready for departure. Inside, he was nervous, but outside she was ready.

Even if she was physically alone, the boys were always there over the com, always there watching the security footage, always in her ear guiding her through it. It was different now. She had to do it alone.

Calvin worked from the bottom up.

First, strapped on her small pistols, they clung to each calf carefully. Soon, they were followed by her knives. The joints were the hardest, where to put what where so it didnt limit her mobility. Not to menchine hiding them from the average eye.

Weapon after weapon was strapped to her body. Soon, the extra weight felt natural like it had routinely before.

Each mission started like this, her skin clean and mind unpure. The mirror showed her natural beauty, but it was only on the outside. Inside, Calvin knew she was beaten down, broken, and dead. There was no fixing her, no way to mend the pieces of her broken heart back together.

As soon as that chopper went down in flames, Calvin didn't think that she could lose anymore. However, her world was flipped upside down. The losers made more of an impact than they would ever know.

Killing Simmons wasn't just for her boys anymore, it wasn't about herself,  getting rid of this asshole needed to be done for their families, her boy's families, and the losers themselves. They were the ones that had a future, that had a place they were going. No matter what, she was going to keep it that way.

Letting one long stare captivate her, Calvin observed her uniform in the mirror. They were low key weapons, the vest underneath her clothes just like walker had instructed her to do. Underneath her dark blue jeans, her calves contained blades and pistols, her upper thighs each having a blade for security.

Seeing as she wasn't entering a public airport, Calvin was ready for anything. Above, her ash grey crop top tank gave her arms enough space to be strapped with pistols and knives. Her leather Jacket not shielding them from the public eye.

The woman was ready to go, duffle bag stuffed with tools from home, and her backpack containing the same. Soon enough, she has a grip on both causing mustard to perk upwards to his feet.

A slight whine left the dog's snout seeing her ready to leave again.

Sympathetically, Cal looked to her companion. "I know buddy, I'm sorry." Even as she patted his head, the dog continued to stare at her, himself slightly nuzzling into her touch.

"I'll come back..." she whispered.  "But just for you."

At this, mustard ran a circle around her and the soldier smiled. "Alright." She nodded. "Let's get this over with."

Grabbing ahold of the door handle, Calvin was a little surprised at how quiet it was downstairs. Earlier this morning the others were all over eating the breakfast she had made them, but now there wasn't a single peep. Even the toddler was quiet.

Step by step, not feeling anything wrong, Cal descended down the stairs and looked to see the others. They were bundled together, the kids playing quietly as the adults waited for her to come down.

Each loser held their woman, and each mother gathered their children. "Uh.." Calvin breathed uncomfortably.

Anna was the first to speak. "We know we can't stop you- mainly because you're the only one that can end this."

"But we want you to come back Cal..." pooch looked to her.

Gripping her duffle bags tighter, she looked to them all as she reached ground level and stood before them. "You know I can't promise that..."