Chapter 16 - Pity

Sitting tall on the surf board, Calvin remained almost in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't unusual for surfers to be out lounging on their own, especially on a beach like this. However, she sat so far back for a reason. The soldier had binoculars pressed against her eyes scanning every inch of the beach that she could. 

There was one person specifically they were looking for: Margret O'Maley. Marget is Simmons assistant, newly picked, newly trained. 

"So why exactly am I dressed like this?" Jake asked through the com. 

Looking to him, Calvin couldn't help but laugh. "I think it's flattering." 

Just like he had once before, Jake stood behind a hot dog cart. The fake hot dog rested on top of his head, an apron gripping around his body. "You know, when I said I wanted to go to the beach this isn't exactly what I had in mind." 

"Relax Jen. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Maybe when this is all over if you're a good boy I'll take you out to the park." 

"I hate you." he retorted back after handing some lady a hot dog. 

She smiled again. "Ouch." 

"I'm not seeing this girl anywhere Cal." 

"She's a 22 year old woman with a fit body, good tan, and on it's a Saturday afternoon. She'll be here." 

"And what exactly am I supposed to say to her?!" 

"I don't know, work that Jake Jensen charm." 

Calvin could feel his stare on her. "I'm in a god damn hot dog suit." 

"At least you'll be unique." 

Taking a break from the binoculars, Calvin set them on the board and looked down into the water. It was a relaxing coolness beneath her, just shallow enough that she could see the bottom clearly. 

Thinking about how Jake could be afraid of water like this, it somewhat shocked her. Calvin loved the water, she always did. The way it just flowed freely, how it fell from the sky- It was her bliss. 

The braid flowing down her back tickled her enough to draw her from her thoughts. From there, she looked back tot he beach and scanned the parking lot. plenty of new cars had taken their place just in the time that she looked away. however, a white ford focus seemed to catch her attention the most. She recognized it from some of the surveillance pictures that she had taken that night. Watching her leave the building, trailing her to her car in the parking lot, that was how Calvin for her first target. 

"Jake" she spoke into the com while watching the young woman exit the car. I got her." 

"Where is she?" 

"Up at the parking lot, third car to the left side end."

"The white car?" He asked seeing what she was looking at. 

"Yeah, the redhead." 

"That's O'Maley?" his voice sounded a little surprised. 

hearing the shocked tone in his voice, Calvin looked to him through the binoculars. "Yes. Why?" 

"Margret Jensen if you ask me."

"Shut up Jake."

"Jealous?" 

"You wish. Now watch where she goes, give her a little time to settle in, I bet she's meeting someone here." 

The woman had an armload of things to unpack. However, she seemed to handle them just fine. She was wearing a light blue bathing suit, the top matching with a gold ring right in the middle. Margret was a looker, and in a sense Calvin guessed that was why Simmons hired her. He wasn't exactly the most faithful man on this planet, that she found out the hard way.