Chapter Ten: Partners in Crime

Song of the Chapter: Partners in Crime by Set It Off

Long, sorry. Here is chapter ten, however, and this is the last chapter for a few weeks so I can work on editing the rest of the book and finish up the last few chapters before starting the next book in the Onyx series, which I will talk about in that "blog book" I have up, currently if you're interested.

It's been days.

Days since I've last slept soundly and I cannot even recall that sleep; days since I've had a proper meal; days since I've had human contact with people other than my team. I've been anti-social and I've been sitting in front of this computer for too long, watching for my father's name to pop up so I could go after him myself.

It didn't though.

Regardless, I had been helping Oliver with the crime in the city—you know, taking out drug lords and whatnot, helping him take out their newest threats. Everyone decided that it would be best to transfer my anger and frustration to beating up some low life criminals and some general bad guys. I agreed, but now that it's only gotten worse, they wouldn't let me go anymore because of the last time—I lost control, almost fatally wounding a man, losing any information that we could receive from him. And may I say, Oliver wasn't too appreciative of that.

It was a little after three in the afternoon—everyone was out. I was spinning slowly in the computer chair with my head back, staring up at the ceiling while I listened to the repetitive whirring of the machine. Of course, I was alone if you ignore the fact that Thea was upstairs managing Verdant while Snart and Mick were doing shots at the bar. Oliver was out doing something with Dig, Felicity was working at Palmer Tech., and Team Flash went to a nearby vacant lot to work on Barry's speed, then Barry was off to Central City to see Iris and Joe.

All of them asked if I wanted to join, but I didn't have a desire to move from the computer in case of the small possibility that the computer pinged a location for my father or Breaker.

I've been thinking a bit these past few days and I had an idea to find the weapons, I just had to wait until everyone was too distracted to notice my disappearance. In addition to that, I had to find a partner that wouldn't judge me or try to stop me—Snart.

With a low sigh, I tapped my palms against the plastic armrest of the chair and stood up. Quickly stretching, I grabbed my short length leather jacket from the table beside me along with a knife and my gun, then hurriedly stashed it in the back of my jeans. I pulled on the jacket, slid my shirt down, and then fixed my raven back hair so it fell in curly waves over my shoulders.

After one long glance at the computer monitor, I nodded to myself and headed up the stairs to Verdant in hopes of finding a partner.

He sat at the counter, holding a bottle of beer against his pale pink lips as he focused his stoic eyes on the TV above the bar. His goggles hung loosely from his neck, occasionally scraping against his leather jacket. The cold gun hung on his hip like normal, over his acid wash patched jeans and he looked more threatening than he normally did, just not to me.

I approached him silently and leaned against the bar beside him as a smirk crept onto his lips. Without turning his head to glance at me, he sipped some more beer from the green frosted bottle that he held between his fingertips. He popped his lips and then turned to smile at me, lifting an eyebrow expectantly.

I gave him a playfully seductive smile, then rested my elbows on the bar, glancing over at his face. "Secret mission," I whispered with a wide grin. He turned his head towards me and his eyes landed on my face, before he knew it, I had plucked his bottle from between his fingers. He gave me an amused and incredulous glare before I downed the rest of his bottle.