[11]

...

"What took you so long?" Isaac asked as he watched Derek walk closer to the entrance of the vet's office. He then saw a girl beside Derek and his entire body tensed up, "Rose...you're here."

She looked from Isaac to Derek with confusion.

"Thanks for noticing." She commented awkwardly.

"Couldn't handle sleeping with the wolves for another night?" He smirked, trying to play it cool- as if he wasn't up all night worrying about her.

She tilted her head to the side and gave him a devious smile, "You do know that I can kick your ass, right?"

Isaac looked down and shook his head, recalling the numerous times that she had been able to fight him. "You've proved that right a couple times..."

Rose scoffed before Scott opened the door to the vet's office.

He immediately asked, "What are you doing here?"

Rose smiled before walking in, "It's nice to see you too, Scott."

"Not you. Isaac." Scott said, "I don't trust him."

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac shrugged walking in much to Scott's dismay.

"And Derek really doesn't care." Derek snapped, "Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?

A man then spoke from the doorway. His voice was calm as he seemingly answered Derek's question, "That depends. Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

 Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Kill him."

"Save him."

Derek and Scott both answered at the same time, and then immediately looked at each other.

Scott said again in a very serious tone as he glared directly at Derek, "Save him."

After a long harsh stare between the both of them, neither one of them seemed to want break contact anytime soon, so Rose decided to add her two cents.

"Save him." Rose nodded to Deaton.

Deaton looked over at Rose who he had not noticed before. His facial features softened as he recognized the young girl who wasn't as young as the last time he had seen her.

"Rose Hale...you're alive?" Deaton asked.

Rose looked from Derek to Deaton and then inquired, "Do I look dead?"

Deaton let out a soft chuckle, "You are definitely your mother's daughter."

Rose furrowed his eyebrows at him, but he didn't say another word about it. With that he turned around and let everyone into the examination room.