[13]

...

Isaac carefully dropped Rose to her mattress asking if she was okay at least every other minute.

"I'm fine, Isaac," she groaned and closed her eyes.

"Just checking. Are you getting any feeling back at all?"

"Nope."

"Can I check the cut?" Isaac asked cautiously.

Rose nodded. Then Isaac slowly turned her over so she laid on her side, her limps still lifeless. Isaac moved some of her hair out of the way and cringed at what looked to be an infected cut.

"He slashed you good," Isaac commented before turning her back so she lay on her back.

"That's just what I wanted to hear." Rose remarked in a slow and sarcastic tone.

Isaac gave the question a few seconds to think about before he asked it anyways.

"So what happened back at the party?"

"What do you mean?" Rose furrowed her brows at him.

"You were supposed to be back up and you left right when everything turned to hell."

Rose then began to recall the image of Isaac and Erica kissing. Her stomach tied up with knots of jealousy again and her expression went blank, as she tried to hide what she was feeling.

"Oh, I just needed some air." She said, which wasn't necessarily a lie. What she saw caused her to need some air.

"Really?" Isaac scoffed, "You needed some air? Did you not realize how important this plan was? How important it was for you to be there?"

"Well, you seemed to have done a great job by yourself so why does it even matter now?" Rose countered. 

"Cut the crap, Rose."

"What are you talking about, Isaac?" Rose shouted.

"You left when you saw Erica and I kiss, didn't you?" He asked in a teasing voice.

Rose stared wide eyed at him for a second.

"Like I said, I needed some air," she replied, repeating herself.

"You were jealous, weren't you?"

Soon the puzzle pieces fell into place and she realized what he had tried to do. Her face fell into a devious smirk and narrow eyes as she tilted her head to the side as she looked up at him.

"Oh, my god... You were trying to make me jealous." Rose said condescendingly. She already knew the answer.

"What-"

Before Isaac could even get a word out Rose continued, her voice becoming louder, "You intentionally kissed Erica, knowing I was watching, just to try to make me jealous. Well, guess what! It didn't work."

Isaac didn't say anything. Hearing her heart jump along with her words was enough. He just stared down at her with his arms crossed. Rose didn't like the fact that he was towering over her this way. Though he towered over her when they simply stood beside each other, there was something powerful about the way he stood over her this time when she was unable to move at all.

"When are you going to realize you can't lie to me, Rosie?" Isaac grinned.

Rose had been caught once again in her lies.

"You're such an asshole," Rose sneered.

"Why?"

"You intentionally tried to make me jealous!"

"Well, it worked didn't it?"

"I don't get jealous."

"Yeah?" Isaac bent down so he was inches away from her face. "Well something's telling me that isn't true."

Rose tried to keep her eyes locked to his, but as she was noticing his eyes wandering to her lips it was hard to keep her gaze. He kept leaning in closer, and she was unable to do anything to resist.

"You're unbelievable." Rose whispered.

Isaac let out a small laugh, "I've heard that one before."

"I'm saying we need a new plan because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal," Rose and Isaac heard Derek say as he entered the building with Scott, interrupting what could've been either a very heated argument or a very heated kiss.

Isaac immediately backed away, knowing how Derek would react if he saw that Isaac was seconds away from kissing his little sister.

"Ugh," Scott groaned, "I get it. We can't save Jackson."

"Yeah? Well we can't seem to kill him either," Rose shouted from her mattress that was on the floor.

She was just beginning to get the feeling back in her fingers and toes, but still not enough strength to move. Whatever was happening to Jackson, he was getting stronger by the minute- and that meant the venom took longer to ware off.

Derek peered in to where Rose was and furrowed his brows, "What happened to you?"

"Jackson cut me," Rose answered, "Pretty deep too."

"Are you okay?" Derek asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm perfectly fine with not being able to move." Rose gave a fake smile.

"Enough with the sarcasm- you're starting to sound too much like Stiles." Derek grumbled while rolling his eyes. He then turned to face Scott to continue their conversation, "I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger."

"But how do we stop him?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know. I don't even know if we can." Derek answered, his voice full of doubt.

"Maybe, we should just let the Argent's handle it." Scott suggested.

"I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault." Derek sighed.

"And this is why we don't go around turning teenagers into werewolves!" Rose exclaimed from the other part of the room, as if she were saying a huge 'I told you so' to Derek.

Derek just groaned and let his head fall back.

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this," Scott reminded, "I mean, this happened because of something in his past, right?"

"That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple," Derek replied shaking his head.

"What do you mean? What are you not telling me?" Scott furrowed his eyebrows at Derek skeptically. They were still obviously working out their trust issues.

"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?"

"Because you always are keeping something from me." Scott shot back.

"Well, maybe I do it to protect you."

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?"

Derek sighed and let his head fall to his hands, "Go home, Scott. Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. Cause the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's going to be a rough one."

When Derek said that, Rose immediately looked up at Isaac. Isaac had his lips pressed together and ignored Rose's stare. Just by her look, one could tell she was nervous for him. With the small amount of feeling she had in her hands, she slowly reached toward his own. Her fingers slowly and cautiously intertwined with his and she carefully held his hand. Isaac looked down at their hands together and tightly held her back.