[20]

...

"Where's Derek?" Argent asked as Rose stepped out of the car.

Rose turned and looked down at the other side of the building, when Derek began running toward them on his hands and knees. Rose rolled her eyes, watching her brother as he did a flip. He landed perfectly and looked up at the four of them, his eyes glowing a deep red.

Rose crossed her arms and let out a low mumbled, "Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance."

"I'm here for Jackson. Not you." Argent told my brother.

"Somehow I don't find that very comforting." Derek countered, and then instructed, "Get him inside."

Rose walked back over to the bag and lifted it out of the car with the help of Isaac. The two of them, making sure not to drop him this time, walked inside the building and carefully placed Jackson down.

"Where are they?" Scott demanded.

"Who?"

"Peter and Lydia," Rose clarified.

Derek looked down to the ground. There was something that he wasn't telling them, and Rose could tell immediately.

"Woah...hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him." Scott said, clearly confused by what was happening.

"We're past that," Derek replied and began unzipping the bag.

"What about-"

"Think about it, Scott," Derek immediately cut him off, "Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No. No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live." Chris said confidently.

"Of course not."

They all spun around upon hearing the cold and devious voice. The hairs on the back of Rose's neck stood up immediately when she faced Gerard Argent.

"Anything that dangerous, that out of control...is better off dead."

Derek irrationally unleashed his sharp claws and went to jab them into Jackson's seemingly lifeless body. However, Jackson's hand reached up and instead stabbed Derek in his stomach.

Rose gasped and covered her mouth as she watched her brother being lifted up by Jackson and then flung backwards.

"Well done to the last, Scott." Gerard spoke and then began walking closer to him. "Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

An arrow suddenly zipped through the room out of nowhere and Scott and Rose quickly ducked, jumping out of the way. However, Isaac wasn't as quick to react. He then out a low grunt of pain after the arrow had impaled his upper chest.

"Allison?" Scott whispered, watching as her shadow disappeared.

Isaac began falling to the ground, but not before Rose could catch him and make his landing much softer.

"Come on," she whispered.

Then Rose quickly wrapped his arms around her shoulders and they exited the room with Scott quickly following.

Rose heard her brother's distinct growl and allowed for her eyes glow the deep blue that they were. She looked back up at Scott and Isaac who had already transformed. Rose smirked at the two of them before stepping out and facing the Kanima.